 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 292
Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:33:11 GMT

Hmm...

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
A few things I noticed/suggestions:

1. The way you use box4nl, you are drawing a bunch of quads which will
never be seen.  Drop the end-quads from box4nl.
I'll do this, I guess it will save some time when being generated.

2. On the outside frame, butted-construction is not the best way to put
graphics primitives together.  My experience is when areas are 'beveled' • to
fit together at the corner-points, the results can better handle
rotation/scaling without visible defects. YMMV.
I don't know what YMMV stands for:)  I'll check this out though.  When I
checked the part out earlier I didn't see any problems.  I rather like this
method because it makes writing the part very fast, but I don't want it to
look bad.

3. Ignore the rotation point.  Orient the part to fit in the window frame
part at the default position & rotation.
hmmm.... No.  I think if a part rotates around a specific axis when atached
to another part then it needs to be designed around that rotational axis.
Other window panes were designed around their rotational axis so I don't
think this should be any different.

Thanks for the comments,
Adam