 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 303
Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:06:38 GMT

[followups set to lugnet.cad.dev - let's reign in this multi-ng discussion]

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:08:50 GMT, "Adam Howard" <abhoward10@hotmail.com>
wrote:

You are right about the rotation point.  It should lie on a major axis, to
simplify rotating.

However, I believe most window panes have been created in their 'default'
orientation, not laying on their side.  If you rotate this part 90-degrees
around X, then 90-degrees around Y (and then maybe fix the position--I
haven't checked), the part will be ready for rotating, then moving into
position in the frame.

Steve

What about the a key?  Shouldn't that be considered when creating new parts
that rotate?

See my other post.  The A key is very nice, it saves 5 keystrokes.  But it
isn't a reason to create a part in a bizarre orientation.

Steve