 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2413
Re: Need part number for a dangerous predator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:20:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Lee Gaiteri wrote:

[earlier, John VanZwieten wrote:]
In that case, you would be better off replacing ABEC with a quad ABDC and
a tri BED.  This prevents unsightly rendering holes caused by rounding
error.

Eh; considering the line in this case is completely vertical, rounding errors
may be a bit less likely anyway.

Remember, there's no such thing as a completely vertical line in 3D
modeling.  As soon as someone views the kitten from any viewpoint other
than straight-on horizontal, your vertical line gets transformed to a
non-vertical.

I've posted the edger utility at my site. You'll need Java to use it, since
it's written in Java, but it works. Source is included.

http://www.lummoxjr.com/lego/legos.html

Cool!  Thanks for posting this.  I agree with what John wrote earlier,
about conditional lines being the hardest part of modeling elements in
LDraw.

Steve