 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2216
2215  |  2217
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: New Part: 3001_d.dat - Duplo Brick 2 x 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:59:33 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson wrote:

Strange. I named the Scala stud to Stud5.dat, but someone renamed it to StudSc.dat.

I hope that 'someone' wasn't me!

So I thought StudDu*.dat would
follow that new pattern...

In my clean, no local modifications installation of the LDraw Parts
Library, the scala stud file is stud5.dat.

Sorry, my mistake. I think someone suggested the change, and I must have taken it for an official decision.
I have no idea who suggeted the name change, only that I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. My 33062 looks like
this:

0 Scala Plate  4 x  4
0 Name: 33062.dat
0 Author: Tore Eriksson
0 Un-Official LCad updated file

0 Rev 2: Changed Scala Stud filename from stud5 to studsc

1 16 20 0 20 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 studsc.dat

That explains. (I had to download complete.zip to be sure).

Please note that there are solid Duplo studs on some Duplo baseplates, even though the most common Duplo stud is the one
corresponding to stud2.dat

Yep, I almost posted that those needed to be done, but then I realized that
they could (and maybe should) be scaled directly from stud.dat.

Steve

No, it shouldn't. That would spoil the option of primitive substitution and also bring up wrong text on top of the stud when
using l3p set to hi-q.

--
Tore Eriksson
Sweden