 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2219
Re: New Part: 3001_d.dat - Duplo Brick 2 x 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 23:25:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
Yep, I almost posted that those needed to be done, but then I realized that
they could (and maybe should) be scaled directly from stud.dat.

No, it shouldn't. That would spoil the option of primitive substitution
and also bring up wrong text on top of the stud when using l3p set to hi-q.

Ah, I forgot about primitive substitution.  For that reason, we probably
should have a special primitive for Duplo studs (as you previously did), not
a scaled-up stud4.dat as I suggested (and as I used in my recent Duplo parts).

On the specific subject of Duplo baseplates (which have no hole): I don't
have any Duplo baseplates here at work, but I believe that there is no logo
at all on them.  I'll check over the weekend.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com