 CAD / 9476
Re: Converting AutoCAD/3D Studio/etc. to .dat with 3DWin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:44:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:

You bring up a good point. I wonder, Darrell, if you could work with Thomas
Baier to possibly have the to-from LDraw format part be free of charge,
period? It wouldn't affect his market for cross-advanced 3D format
conversions, just to and from LDraw files.

Just a thought... I wouldn't mind paying for a copy of 3DWin once I get into
3D rendering more, since it would be a fun toy. Maybe I'll do that once I've
wrapped up some projects, and I've got more time to experiment on that
stuff. :-)

-Tim

Hi Tim,

First of all, the demo version is free. With it, you can convert as many files
as you want (you just have to do them one at a time, and you don't get the
pretty preview images).

It's up to your conscience whether you decide to upgrade to the full version or
not. If you're only doing a couple of parts, I don't think even Thomas would
mind. If you're like me and want to convert a whole bunch.... well, there you
go. }^)

The thing I was looking to LUGNET to help with is this - right now it doesn't
work completely. FIRST we need to make it work, THEN we could worry about
paying for it!

Darrell