 CAD / 8719
  Re: How accurate need bricks and patterns to be?

(...) I'll defer to Steve for final ruling but here are my thoughts: Ask yourself the following question: Does the portion I'm leaving out detract from functionality of the part? This question applies especially to the "fins" that you show concern (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks and patterns to be?

(...) Here's something I've been batting around in my head, but I don't know if it's consistent with the sensibilities of the LDraw community, nor if it is really compatible with the existing software. Using your idea #1 from above, might we create (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Stickered parts again (Was: How accurate...)

I don't know of there is any "status" of this old discussion; if any consensus ever has been reached in any point. Anyway, here's my idea. A sticker should be a separate part file. You may want to stick it in a creative or humanized* way. A shortcut (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks and patterns to be?

(...) Hi Dave, That's me who wrote the quoted statements when I started to model some stickers. Then I have made some sample pictures ((URL) L3p and Pov-Ray and I detected the same seam [:-)]problem you have mentioned. Now my stickers are .25 LDU (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks and patterns to be?

(...) I agree with your orientation and part numbering and also with the de- scription. This should be an impulse to make a convention for naming and orientation of Stickers. Another problem is, how I can find out the part number when I have used (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Sticker parts numbers (was Re: How accurate ....)

(...) Where we stil have access to the sticker sheet I believe there was agreement to use the sticker sheet number with a one-letter suffix for each unique sticker on the sheet. Hence 168135a et seq submitted to the PT by Imre Papp. A brief review (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks to be?

(...) Yes, this is the "rule" we try to apply - if the detail is functional, then it should be included, if decorative or an artifact of the moulding process then it may be ignored. So in your two examples, I would expect to see the small lugs on (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks to be?

I asked about the accuracy at the bottom of the bricks (URL) answered: (...) In the case of brick 700, I know that the old versions did NOT have any tubes at the bottom. Is that something that should be modeled? I don't have any of those olde 700s, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: small brick variances (was How accurate need bricks to be?)

Niels, Some of those old 700 variations are shown on my parts compare page: (URL) think there is also a version with 2 rows of tubes, but I don't have a picture of it yet. For even more minor variations click on the Mold Variants folder: (URL) not (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks to be?

(...) Yes, I believe the presence or absence of tubes should be modelled as this does impact the functionality. The ribs are less important, IMHO, but if I were modelling this part _now_ I would include them. Chris (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Sticker parts numbers (was Re: How accurate ....)

(...) Yes, that was the finalest agreement. Steve (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks to be?

(...) Another problem: by standards, LDraw bricks are modeled with the walls being 4LDU thick. Most stud-hugging ribs on current versions of bricks would not protrude outside of a 4LDU wall. So the ribs won't show unless we make the walls thinner. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)