 CAD / 8736
Re: How accurate need bricks to be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:04:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes:
I asked about the accuracy at the bottom of the bricks
http://home.hetnet.nl/~niels-karsdorp/ldraw/question.htm

Chris answered:
Yes, this is the "rule" we try to apply - if the detail is functional, then it
should be included, if decorative or an artifact of the moulding process then
it may be ignored.

Historically we have been even less concerned about the detail on
the underside of bricks (such as 700).

In the case of brick 700,
I know that the old versions did NOT have any tubes at the bottom.
Is that something that should be modeled?

Yes, I believe the presence or absence of tubes should be modelled as this
does impact the functionality. The ribs are less important, IMHO, but if I
were modelling this part _now_ I would include them.

Chris

I don't have any of those olde 700s, but I might locate one.
(Hopy my grandparents still have the box of lego...)

Niels Karsdorp