 CAD / 7967
  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) I take it the unofficial libraries follow the same directory structure. Should it try unofficial files first, or should that be a commandline option? Should it have an option to save the pics in a similar directory structure? Right now I think (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Yes, that's correct. (...) Would it be best to have a commandline option like -LIBPATH=libpatha;libpathb;... where the libpathX are all paths to any number of LDraw part libraries? Otherwise, yes, for this purpose it needs to look in the (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Actually, I like Larry's suggestion about using symlinks better. Could the parts tracker maintain symlinks to all the official parts in the unofficial library. If a new version comes in, the symlink gets replaced with an actual file. When the (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) I think you and Larry are right. I'd prefer to keep a separate library of symlinked files. That way, the unofficial library stays clean. And I don't have to change any of the existing scripts that read through the unofficial library. So, when (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Yeah, the the only output file option was the one for ldraw output without the ldlite macros. That's probably what I was thinking about. If you want to do some testing I just built a preliminary version of ldglite 0.9.6 on ldraw.org that (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) As some may have noticed (did I mention it already? I don't remember now), there are now images for some files on the tracker. An example is at (URL). I'm having a problem -- ldglite sometimes saves the image, and sometimes it doesn't. And (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Hmmm, it seems to skip the "Write PNG" message if I pass it an empty DAT file. Checking the source, it appears to silently fail if it doesn't find any pixels to save a picture of. It'll report "bmpsize = something" before writing (or skipping) (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Ok I patched it. Give it a try now. Don (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Ah. I think that makes sense - the missing files I'm sure of are all subpart files, that are unlikely to have edges. (...) Heh. *That* library isn't actually the LDRAWDIR. Well, it is and it isn't. In order to render correctly, I've (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) :) Oh, it's trying, all right. The one file I was missing is now there. The remaining missing files should be online in the next little while. One thing I noticed a few minutes ago: some images aren't coming out right. Look at (URL). That (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Eeek! The old ldglite color bug on ldraw.org rears it's ugly head again. I guess I should go back and review this thread. (URL) now it sounds like you can work around it by skipping the -Q switch for antialiased lines. The Pics won't be quite (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) OK, I'll do that. Steve (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Actually I think I've finally fixed this one. I did some testing on ldraw.org and I think I fixed it by inserting an extraneous glFlush() after all color changes. This really looks like a bug in the old version of Mesa on ldraw.org. I did a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: pictures at tracker

(...) Great! I'll try it out. :) Steve (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad)