 CAD / 6398
  Re: New Lego Technic avi

(...) But could you play back the animation files on other systems without this software installed? Anyway, this is probably a discussion of lossy vs non-lossy compression. Animated GIFs can be used to compose non-lossy animations. And MPEG-1 can be (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

That worked better. It is not bad at all. There is something I don't like with avi, mpeg, and all these codecs. It has nothing to do with your animation, though. The quality of the pictures is seldom even acceptable and never really satisfactory. I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: New Lego Technic avi

(...) I've had great experiences with DivX ;-) 3.11...which can compress a DVD movie so it fits onto a CD. The quality is still very close to DVD...I think it reduces 5.1 channel sound to stereo, but that's not really a big deal. Looks like DivX 4 (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: New Lego Technic avi

(...) Hmm, worked for me... Actually, it's not that simple either...when I first installed DivX 4, Windows Media Player refused to play DivX 3 encoded AVI files, which was unfortunate since AVI is associated with Media Player. So I had to uninstall (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

(...) Well, you had to distrubute a free viewer (56 Kb) and a driver (27 Kb) and a 2 Kb document that reads "ANIMATE.EXE is a player for PC Animate Plus and 3D WorkShop animations. Although it is copyrighted by Bill Marsh, you may distribute it (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

(...) I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by that. With animated GIFs, you can set manually the delay between each frame. So you control the speed yourself. Do you mean that large GIFs are slower because they take more CPU to display? (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

(...) (Oops, forgot to answer this one when I replied to your post just now.) Yes! I can play back most contemporary animations, both on Linux and Windows! On Linux I use MPlayer ((URL) can play back most MPEG and AVI files. (If you're a Linux user, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

Nice try. I almost believed that it would work. I Downloaded, began full installation, then at the end of installation: two error messages and system hung up. After restart,I started The Playa, two new error messages. (Tranlated from Swedish): 1. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: New Lego Technic avi

(...) I too prefer the older interface, so I use the Classic Skin on Media Player 7 and run in compact mode. It's close enough to the old interface for my tastes. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

(...) Hm, I didn't know such a thing existed. Just as I saw WMP 7 the first time, I just knew that I couldn't live with it. But the next time I need to upgrade some CODECs, I will try the classic skin. BTW, I've heard that WMP 7 is much more (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: New Lego Technic avi

(...) I rarely run something else while I'm watching a movie, and I have a 933 MHz comp with 384 RAM, so I haven't noticed any problems. Windows 98, however, eats half my RAM, even when idle... --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

Thanks, Bram After I re-installed Direct-X 8.0, it finally works! But I still think it's too much on chance. "It may work, but don't count on it, and never expect it to work at once..." /Tore (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Technic avi

(...) Are we supposed to be surprised...? (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad)