 CAD / 586
Re: L-cad is getting irritating!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:18:33 GMT

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:29:17 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> writes:

I can think of one drawback for moving to lugnet -
you must have some sort of web access to subscribe to lugnet, while with
l-cad you can subscribe with only an e-mail address and information on
how to subscribe emailed to you by someone else.

Hey man, it's 1999, not 1994!  :)

Is there anyone left on the planet who has e-mail access but who doesn't have
web access?

Besides, even if there was someone without web access, they could always send a
subscription request via e-mail to news@lugnet.com...  It wouldn't be too
difficult to handle a rare special case getting someone set up by hand.

I have been following all this, and the thread in lugnet.admin.general, and
would like to chime in a little.
Overall, I support this whole idea.  LCad as a mailing list has its share of
annoyances to me.  Perhaps a dedicated group here would be better.

Bram is a special case, as his access is via Juno.  Another special case I know
of is James Jessimans mother.  Although I have not checked lately if she is
still subscribed to LCad, I assume she is.  And she has said before that she
follows along with what we do, and enjoys it.
It is my understanding that she is not technically savvy about all things
computer, so being able to continue getting LCad information by email is a
definite plus, as I don't know if she has any newsreader experience.
Now, whether she will be able to send a request to be added or if we would need
to have Todd set it up "by hand" is unkown.

-- Terry K --