 CAD / 4839
  Bug in LDAO when path deleted/renamed

I've just downloaded LDAO and noticed a slightly annoying bug - if the path to the last model loaded is removed or changed then LDAO refuses to start with a run time 76 error. According to my VB docs this is the "path not found" error - nice and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in LDAO when path deleted/renamed

Damn, I meant L3PAO, not LDAO. Sorry. Anyway, I've found another problem. L3PAO also appears to not send the full path to the model, so when I select the model I want to render with th -o switch it is sending the following on the command line (I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in LDAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) OK, just in case I tried installing LDAO, and I can't install it! Every time I run the exe to install it it gets most of the way and then says I have to reboot to install some OLE controls. So I reboot, the installer starts again, and asks the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in LDAO when path deleted/renamed

Aha, found another bug in L3PAO! It will work without LDAO, I've got it working here. In order for it to pass the full path to the model file you need to hit the elipses (...) button and reselect the model - just choosing the model from the drop (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in LDAO when path deleted/renamed

Just 1 more thing - any chance of adding an option to pause once L3P has finished so the output error messages can be read (invalid colours, missing parts, etc.)? I realise that L3P doesn't have a "pause on completion" option but you could use the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

hehe.. this is quite a little conversation you're having with yourself, Dan! you're right about the setting... i'll put in a check to make sure the path exists... i came across this in another of my programs (m-peedy) and need to put fixes in both (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

"Jeff Boen" <onyx@flash.net> wrote in message news:G2w154.78H@lugnet.com... (...) Dan! I know - I have days (sometimes whole weeks!) like this when I'm debugging my own software (still 99% limited to web server backend database apps, but I've (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) Yeah, that routine has always felt a little "ify" to me, I'll check it out today and see where the problem is... I may know already... and I've toyed with just pulling the path check (to see if the model is in one of the 4 default dirs) out (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

"Jeff Boen" <onyx@flash.net> wrote in message news:G2w4LD.H1C@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) default (...) easy (...) Can't you just loop through the standard dirs and do something like this? 'Read model dir and filename from (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) yep, that would work.. i just put in a massive boolean if-then to check before the command line generation routine kicks in... the problem isn't checking the paths, the problem is knowing the location of ldraw. if you have LDAO in place, it's (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

"Jeff Boen" <onyx@flash.net> wrote in message news:G2wBGt.EG4@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) ldraw.exe (...) That would be great, just like MLCad operates. You could also look for the LDRAW_DIR environment variable (I think that's right) that the L3P (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in LDAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) Download just changes-only zip file from (URL). Scroll down to the bottom of the page - the link to the zip file is the very last bit. Steve (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) I thought about using the environment variable, but that's still relying on another program and I know what I really need to do is make L3PAO completely self-sufficient. Besides, Lars changed L3P (in version 1.2) where it doesn't require the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  L3PAdd-On v1.2.5 is up (was: Bug in L3PAO...)

Thanks to Daniel Crichton for pointing out some bugs in the last release of L3PAO, I've just recompiled and upped a new version that should have the latest issues worked out. As always you can find it at: (URL) for anyone curious: I added a routine (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) It's better to look for ledit.exe, so you don't accidently find the ldraw.exe download/installation file. LDAO used to get caught on that one frequently. The startup code was happy, because the path in ldraw.ini pointed to a directory (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) Thank you very much Mr. Bliss! I'll change that.. very good call. (noticed you and i bidding for similar lots in auczilla viv!) J (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) Now, once you've found it, can you write it to ldraw.ini, so everyone else can find it, too? (...) Heh. That wasn't bidding, not really. I don't think I raised anything more than once. Steve (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) sure, I can do that.. I've pretty much abandoned dealing with the .ini because so many people have complained about having to load LDAO to use my apps, but adding it in is no problem. J (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed

(...) The reason I decided to stick with an INI file in LDAO (besides already having a library object for it) is because it would be easier to share the settings between all LCAD-ish programs. And because it's easier for humans to hack a text file (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L3PAdd-On v1.2.5 is up (was: Bug in L3PAO...)

(...) I think I should stress that L3P looks in the current directory (where it is launched) and not where l3p.exe is. /Lars (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad)