 CAD / 4851
Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:19:28 GMT

"Jeff Boen" <onyx@flash.net> wrote in message news:G2w4LD.H1C@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Daniel Crichton writes:
Hmm, my model is in e:\personal\lego\custom\dats\, and my ldraw dir is
e:\personal\lego\ldraw\, so there should be no reason why the path isn't
passed.

Yeah, that routine has always felt a little "ify" to me, I'll check it out
today and see where the problem is... I may know already... and I've toyed • with
just pulling the path check (to see if the model is in one of the 4 • default
dirs) out completely and just passing the full path each time.. that's the • easy
way out and maybe the best thing to do... I just tried to remove anything
unnecessary because DOS will only take a passed command line of around 130
chars, and if you add in a bunch of custom lights it's easy to hit that
ceiling.

Can't you just loop through the standard dirs and do something like this?

'Read model dir and filename from dropdown/registry/common dialog
'Example
strModelDir = "e:\personal\custom\dats\"
strModelFilename = "mymodel.dat"

'Get full path and filename for model
strModelPath = strModelDir & strModelFilename

'Prefill array aryStandardPath with the standard paths that L3P knows about

'Loop through paths and compare to chosen file
For i = 0 To intStandardPaths - 1
    If LCase(Left(strModelPath,Len(aryStandardPath(i)))) =
LCase(aryStandardPath(i)) Then
        'Remove path from beginning of model filename
        strModelPath = Mid(strModelPath,Len(aryStandardPath(i)) + 1)
        Exit For
    End If
Next

'Now model path should be full if not in standard paths, or shortened if it
is

I'll have this updated tonight.

Great.

Dan