 CAD / 4856
Re: Bug in L3PAO when path deleted/renamed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:06:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Daniel Crichton writes:
That would be great, just like MLCad operates. You could also look for the
LDRAW_DIR environment variable (I think that's right) that the L3P docs say
must exist (unless you use a SET command in the same DOS box).

I thought about using the environment variable, but that's still relying on
another program and I know what I really need to do is make L3PAO completely
self-sufficient. Besides, Lars changed L3P (in version 1.2) where it doesn't
require the SET LDRAWDIR variable.. so I can't even rely on that in the future.

It would also be useful if you could have the option of outputting the POV
to the same dir from a checkbox, from what I could see when I first ran
L3PAO it appeared to use C:\ for all output .pov files. I know you can set
the output dir from the POV file combo by using the elipses but it would be
easier if there was a checkbox to say "use input path for output" or
something like that.

yep.. I noticed that when I moved the settings from the ldraw.ini to the
registry. I think what I'll do is make the .POV output match the .DAT input
directory unless something else is specified, rather than having yet another
checkbox. Because this is really only an issue until you change the .POV
directory the first time, after that it will be saved in the registry. So the
checkbox would really only be useful right after a fresh install...

but thanks a ton for all your input.. great to hear ideas for someone else who