 CAD / 4280
4279  |  4281
Subject:
Help generating images of ALL parts in ALL colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 01:06:30 GMT

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to generate images of all the LDraw parts in all the
different colors, as making these images by hand in MLCAD is getting a bit
tedious.

Here is an example of what I would like the final images to look like:
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/partref/images/2357red.gif

The closest i've come is to be able to generate images from the comand line,
which could then be programmed fairly easily with a few variables to
generate all the images.  The problem with this is that the program made the
image of the entire workspace, and not just the part.  (I can't seem to
remember the name of the program I was using that was accessible from the
command line)

MLCAD enlarges the part to take up the whole image, so that there is not a
ton of whitespace around it.  This is what I'm looking to do.

If anyone could point me towards a program that would do this, let me know.
I'm not affraid to try just about anything.  I just don't want to waste a
ton of time on trying all the different programs myself, when someone here
might be able to point me to one.  ;)

Troy

Please note my new e-mail addresses:
Personal:  mnementh@dsl.telocity.com