 CAD / 4374
Re: Help generating images of ALL parts in ALL colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad, Mike Stanley writes:

I am happy enough to use the partsref images in my wantlist but I need this
for my instructions parts lists...
Perhaps you can use this excel macro to do your job.
First copy the excel macro to a module sheet.
You put up a worksheet with the path in cell A1 and
all the partfiles you want a bitmap of
in column 1 starting from A2 downwards.
One thing to remember : don't start other programs while
the macro is running!
It's a quick and dirty program, so it doesn't check where the
keystokes are going to.
If it works for you, let me know.
----------------------BEGIN OF EXCEL MACRO ------------
Sub mlcad()
' Put in cell A1 path name C:\LDRAW\PARTS\
' and in cell A2 ... A... the name of the file you want to make a bitmap
applic = "C:\LDRAW\mlcad\mlcad.exe" 'Applicationname and path
RetVal = Shell(applic, 1) ' start application full screen
counter = 2 ' models start from cell A2
Do While Cells(counter, 1) <> "" ' loop while not blank
filen = Cells(1, 1) & Cells(counter, 1) ' filename=path & name
SendKeys "%F O", True ' ALT F O means open file dialog
SendKeys filen & "~", True 'fills in filename and enter (~)
SendKeys "%F c~", True 'ALT F c means save picture and enter(~)
SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}{DOWN}{TAB}{TAB} {TAB}~~", True
'means tabulate 2x select snapshot tabulate 2x deselect all submodels 2x enter
exists = "" ' set variable
  Do While exists = "" 'loop until file is created
   exists = Dir(Left(filen, (Len(filen) - 3)) & "BMP") 'dir returns "" if non
existing
  Loop 'loop again for bitmapfile
counter = counter + 1 ' next cell
Loop 'next partfile