 CAD / 16897
  LEGO's Internal colour palette

Hi guys, Not sure if this is really that interesting but I figured I should give a heads up to .cad. TLG have released their internal colour pallette (URL) Good luck finding something to do with it ;) Tim (14 years ago, 28-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

Thanks for the heads up Tim. Looks like that is a list of the colors that are currently in production; as it is almost 100 colors short of the complete historical list. Also, they seem to match closest to the colors found in the instruction manuals (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) Yeah the full list is much huger. This is just the ones available at present but it gives an idea of eg. the best colours to focus on for renders and potentially other forms of restriction. Tim (14 years ago, 29-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

Comparing this list to the LDConfig on my machine, there are three new colors: 221 Bright Purple 294 Phosphorous Green 312 Medium Nougat Unless anyone else volunteers, I'll take some time next week to match them to the BrickLink colors. Scott (14 years ago, 29-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) Phosphorous Green is Glow-in-the-Dark. It's already noted in the Peeron color chart (far right column for 50 Phosphorous White), but there are at least two distinct GitD colors (noted as opaque and translucent in Bricklink), and I couldn't (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) Pretty sure that medium nougat is the middle-eastern skintone from Indiana Jones sets. Bright purple is probably the purple they've settled on to minimise the colour issues (in quite a few sets this year). Tim (14 years ago, 30-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) I wonder why that color is called Bright Purple? On Bricklink and elsewhere, it's called Dark Pink. It don't look purple at all. What's the diff between pink and purple? Pink = Red + White. Purple = Red + Blue. The pinks and purples seems to (...) (14 years ago, 30-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) Don't burn out your brain trying to figure out how they came up with the official color names. All that is required is to understand that there's some _serious_ disparity between their names and ours. For instance: They call it Brick Yellow. (...) (14 years ago, 30-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) That's why I went no farther than with the pinks/purples. (...) (snippage) I see 2 possible solutions to this whole mess: 1. Poll/talk with everyone until names we can all agree on are found. 2. Drop names altogether and refer to colors (...) (14 years ago, 31-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) Makes sense. That did look like it was a fairly new color, though the first instance I can recall of that color was the natives from the Indiana Jones graveyard set (the one with the new motorcycle fairing) (...) The what now? Which sets would (...) (14 years ago, 31-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) If you can get Peeron/LDraw and Bricklink to agree on all color names, even if they don't match the official names, you win a freaking prize. (...) Yeah...it's hard enough for most people to keep track of a lot of the more common colors as it (...) (14 years ago, 31-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

--snip-- (...) Yeah that would be me speculating on things I haven't read properly... Please ignore. Tim (14 years ago, 1-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

For those capable of updating LDConfig, please add/change these LEGO colors to these existing colors: (...) No match. The correct color to match to already has an entry, that may also be correct in some capacity. Someone will need to go through all (...) (14 years ago, 3-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) <SNIP> (...) I have extracted all color values of that chart into color statements. Maybe it is of some use. 0 TLG Colour values 2010 from published picture 0 Name: TLC-Colors-2010.ldr 0 Author: Michael Heidemann [mikeheide] 0 0 // Color (...) (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) I made mistakes in the previous values. Please do not use! I'll upload soon a corrected version. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette

(...) Ok, Here now the correct version: 0 TLG Colour values 2010 from published picture 0 Name: TLC-Colors-2010.ldr 0 Author: Michael Heidemann [mikeheide] 0 0 // Color values taken from published color chart by color picker tool. 0 // So the same (...) (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad)