 CAD / 16912
Re: LEGO's Internal colour palette
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:51:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, scott Frischmann wrote:
I see 2 possible solutions to this whole mess:
1. Poll/talk with everyone until names we can all agree on are found.

If you can get Peeron/LDraw and Bricklink to agree on all color names, even if
they don't match the official names, you win a freaking prize.

2. Drop names altogether and refer to colors strictly by their numbers.

The no. 2 option, of course, may not go over too well, as it would discourage
newbies. It may also turn off veteran AFOLs.

Yeah...it's hard enough for most people to keep track of a lot of the more
common colors as it is.  Doing it by purely random number would be insane.

No, if you want to be able to translate that chart quickly and easily, your best
resource is right here:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

You can sort this chart by any column, up or down.  It includes the Peeron/LDraw
color name, the number of elements that are known to exist in that color, the
Bricklink name and ID number, the LDraw ID number, the RGB values used by LDraw,
the official LEGO ID number and name (as found in that chart), three other color
values, and some notes on a few of the many known colors.