 CAD / 1487
Re: Part Tracker news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:08:09 GMT

<discussion of future of Parts Tracker snipped>

Let me know how I can help...  Plenty of disk space, etc. here on
lugnet.com, and extensive Perl/CGI experience.

If you are looking for a stable home for Parts Tracker (in the interim or
permanently), it could easily put in a subcategory of

  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/

as a new category

  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/tracker/

--Todd

Hi Todd,

I was hoping you'd chime in. :)  LUGnet does seem like a good place to put
it.  I've been thinking about its future some more, and I really want to
spend some time personally upgrading it and maintaing it in the future, so
I guess I'd ultimately like to retain control of it, time-permitting.
Whether or not I can do this, though, remains to be seen.  Would it be
possible for me to access and update its code if it were to be hosted from
LUGnet?  This would probably be the ideal solution for me.

To everyone:

On a completely unrelated note, as I was perusing old e-mail regarding the
Parts Tracker, I noted that a few people were having trouble updating
their parts.  I discovered that the problem results from my code not
properly dealing with part descriptions that have quotes in them.  I will
have to look in to this.  In the mean time, I have simply removed all
quotes from part descriptions.

Regards,
-Zach

Zach "The Lego Maniac" Benz