 CAD / 12836
  Transparent parts (small)

Hi, What I see when I use small parts in transparent colors does not make me happy. See what I mean in the same image of my previous post: (URL) at the "plate 1 x 1 round" colored red transparent in the PLI and the step. Any way to get this better? (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) I don't think LDGLite supports anything other than stipple transparency. If you use LDView as your renderer, you can get sorted blended trancparency. You'll want to use the latest LDView test release for it to work properly, though. That's (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) For reference, here's a sample that includes an LDView-rendered transparent part: (URL) know it's a much bigger part, but it's all I had online.) --Travis (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) It's true. The only way to get really nice transparent effects from ldglite is to use the trick described here where you render at a higher resolution and then scale down. (URL) believe the current model of the month at ldraw.org was rendered (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) I cannot seem to get this result. (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) I exported my settings from regedit, and stored them here: (URL) above file contains just the LPub preference set settings from my LDView. If you download it and double-click on the file, you will be asked if you want to import the settings (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) Right! This was a succes and I am very satisfied with the result: (URL) Travis! Jaco (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) (URL) resolves my issue posted here: (URL) and nice transparent parts. Compare: (URL) will take the "longer" rendering time for granted! It is worth waiting a little while longer ;-) Jaco (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) Hmmm, I don't know. While I think you've probably made the right choice selecting ldview (it's the better renderer), I don't think you're comparing the right stuff in those two pics. The "better" ldview pic doesn't display the halo problem (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) Believe me: this is the way I want it. (...) Antialiasing does indeed cause the halo effect. And no, it won't. What will however is create images at a higher resolution and scale those down in Fireworks or similar program. This will antialias (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) Thanks. For reference, Don (the person you're responding to) is the LDGLite programmer. Also, unless somebody comes up with some brilliant idea, I don't think the halo problem can be fixed in LDView or LDGLite. --Travis (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) The Delphi library Graphics32 ((URL) can probably be used by C++Builder too. It contains lots of routines for graphics processing, for example downsampling. You can explore different methods there. (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) I have finished a few things: 1. Syntax checking on LPUB meta commands. LPub stops, shows you the file, the line number, the failing portion of the line, what was expected, and the entire failing line. 2. Regularized LPUb syntax (ony a few (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) I would suggest (at least initially) to keep it simple. Only support reduction by a factor of two, and then simply average each group of 4 pixels. This should produce a dramatic quality improvement, and be very easy to implement. --Travis (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)