 CAD / 12601
Re: LSynth and string
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:37:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
LEGO string is a tri-twist.  LSynth knows about twisting things (e.g.
minifig-chain).  LSynth's twist amount/fixed segment is configurable.

We could decide what the sortest segment we would ever need and then maybe use
3, 6, or 9 cylinders to aproximate the tri-twist.  With 6 or 9 cylinders, we'd
split the length in half, or thirds and have three cylinders per segment.  We'll
also need 6 diagonally cut cylinders at the end of the segment to make the ends
cut off flat.  Maybe we only need this for end-caps on the very ends of string.

That sounds like the best idea, if someone wants to make this file.  If no one
has the time or inclination, then let's not hold this process up.

I'll work on it.

As for knots, maybe we could create an official part that is a string-knot.
Nasty to try to get LSynth constrains that packed together.

That would be a good idea, too.

I'll work on this too.

Steve
(hmm, I wonder why lugnet won't accept this post?)

Kevin