 CAD / 10027
Re: Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 13:45:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
That's pretty trivial to do with LDGLite and NetPBM/PBMplus.

   ldraw_file=some_lego_model.mpd
   rendering=`ldglite -l3 -ms -q -s1 -w1 ${ldraw_file} \
     | grep '^Write BMP8' | tail -1 | cut -d' ' -f3-`
   bmptoppm ${rendering} \
     | pnmscale -width 120 \
     | pnmtopng \
`basename ${ldraw_file} .mpd`.png

Hmm, this sounds really attractive.  And you're able to run this under Unix?

PS: I have a POSIX Shell script version of the above code, which
    includes some error checking and _maximum_ dimensions instead of
    fixed width.

I think I'd find that useful.  I'm looking for ways to relieve some of the
burden on Steve with respect to Partsref images.

Should I publish it somewhere?  Where?

You could start by posting it here.  :-)

--Todd