 CAD / 10026
Re: Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 13:33:09 GMT

Jacob
I haven't tried LDGLite and NetPBM - could it be made to run through the
entire LDraw parts directory and generate an image for each part?
Thanks,
James

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Orion Pobursky wrote:

Like something that will take a supplied part .DAT file and make a label of
specified diminsions?  This would be insanely useful for me.  I actually
toyed with the idea myself.

That's pretty trivial to do with LDGLite and NetPBM/PBMplus.

   ldraw_file=some_lego_model.mpd
   rendering=`ldglite -l3 -ms -q -s1 -w1 ${ldraw_file} \
     | grep '^Write BMP8' | tail -1 | cut -d' ' -f3-`
   bmptoppm ${rendering} \
     | pnmscale -width 120 \
     | pnmtopng \
`basename ${ldraw_file} .mpd`.png

Play well,

Jacob

PS: I have a POSIX Shell script version of the above code, which
    includes some error checking and _maximum_ dimensions instead of
    fixed width. Should I publish it somewhere?  Where?