 CAD / 10019
10018  |  10020
Subject:
Getting complete set of Ldraw parts images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 14:07:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'm toying with the idea of writing an application that would print out
labels for sorted parts storage (similar in concept to the kind Jeff Boen
created, see http://onyx.malagraphixia.com/Storage/Lego_Storage.htm), and
need images of the entire Ldraw catalog.  (yeah, like I've got that kind of
spare time) It would be best if the image files are named using the Ldraw
parts numbers.

I tried using LDAO and its VEC (with LDLite), but keep getting "run-time
error 9" (I think it says buffer underrun).  I'm using Win2000, service pack
3, latest versions of LDraw parts, LDAO, and LDLite, if anyone knows what
causes this error.

I could also use a web-site sucker to pull the entire set of images from the
LUGnet Partsref, but don't know if that's allowed.  Is it?

Is there another source for a complete set of LDraw parts images, named the
way I need them?

Whatever I create, if it works, will be available to the LDraw community, of
course.  I don't know if it will be a VB app, an Access database, or some
other kludge.  Thanks,
James Wilson
Dallas, TX
Lugnet member #1783