 CAD / *42205 (-20)
  Re: LDraw File Format 1.0 specification ratified by the LSC

(...) many thx and congratulations to the 2006-2007 LSC! it was an arduous task but also a pleasure watching the team at work. w. (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw File Format 1.0 specification ratified by the LSC

(...) Thanks to the team! It took over 4 years and the formation of the LSC to complete (my original work predates the LSC: (URL) ) and now it's done. Thanks for the hard work guys, it validates why we formed the committee in the first place. -Orion (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 2006/2007 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Summary

(...) I would just like to take this opportunity to thank William for taking the lead in getting this done. It was a quite arduous task, and just a tad overdue :) I'd also like to thank the rest of the committee and all the other members of the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  2006/2007 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Summary

The annual summary of the activities of the outgoing 2006/2007 LDraw.org Standards Committee can be found at: (URL) Howard On behalf of the LDraw Standards Committee (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw File Format 1.0 specification ratified by the LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has ratified the LDraw File Format 1.0 specification. Please see here for the new specification - (URL) old 0.27 specification is still available here - (URL) LDraw web team is currently in the process of changing (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !

  Re: Anyone working on monorail tracks?

(...) Hi Mike, I begun the parts some months ago but hadn't enough time to go further with them. I will send you the parts by mail. CU Bernd (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM and Rachal closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/SOTM contest: (URL) currently have three entries for the MOTM, many for the POTM and none for the SOTM. We will now only run these contests if there are a minimum of five entries and it is unlikely (...) (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Top view rendering in LPub

(...) Hello Jaco, Just replace the first step statement (0 STEP) in your LDraw file with a rotstep command (0 ROTSTEP 90 0 0 ABS) to enable topview. Make sure that the "ortho" checkbox is checked. If you want to get back to 3D view at some step, (...) (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Wanted: LDMerge beta testers

Thanks to an inquiry from Michael Heidemann, I've written a little utility called LDMerge. I'd like to have one or two other people test it before it is released just to confirm that it works as intended. LDMerge is a console tool for temporarily (...) (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Top view rendering in LPub

Hi all, It has been a while since I posted here, but here is a question: How do render steps in top view only in Lpub? I need to create instructions like the ones LEGO does in for example the Statue of Liberty. Thanks. Jaco (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Those style links are created and understood by the web interface to insert in-line links and image. The use of <> however "broke" and confused all the NNTP clients so we see it string together. ThunderBird handled it well enough and split it (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Anyone working on monorail tracks?

(...) Is there any DAT file that reflects the efforts doing these two pieces. Also a mockup will help me. cu mikeheide (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???

(...) steve, any updates on this? BTW, did you get my request to use LDAO in the All-In-One-Installer or has it been eaten up by your spam-monster? w. (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Granted, meshing gears is awful. You have to place the gears on axles with space between them, rotate one with hinge tool until they could match, then move the rotated gear and axle in meshing position. And trying to modify a gear ration in an (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JoGFz5.BIC@lugnet.com... (...) Perhaps I am not harsh enough. Build a model that shows the possible gear ratios for gears contained in the NXT kit. You can even mail it to me if you like, (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

Hi Geoffrey, I think you are a bit harsh about Technic/NXT building with LDD. I agree with you that it is not perfect, and it is sometime painful to do what you want, but it is possible to virtually build things with it. And the hinge tool does work (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

This is possible to do, yes you will receive annoying messages that you won't be able to save or upload any models you create, but at least you can wander around in a daze trying to make something using the 'free build' option. Firstly, when placing (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  DATHeader Update

I have uploaded a new version (1.1.4) to my homepage (www.michael-heidemann.de). With this version also the lastest changes to the Official Parts Header Specification are maintained. cu mikeheide (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated

(...) OK, I updated the first "4x4 3D transformation matrix" to now be "4x4 homogeneous transformation matrix". I didn't feel that leaving 3D in there somewhere was practical. Because of this, I intentionally left the text alone two sentences later, (...) (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated

(...) Yes, the matrix is still homogeneous. In fact this page contains a nifty explanation of how what we normally think of as a translation matrix is actually a shear matrix where the extra w dimension added to make things homogeneous is the fixed (...) (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact