 CAD / *33485 (-20)
  Re: Access to a wide-format printer?

I know someone with a Canon 9100 (up to 13x19 borderless). However, he's isn't "in the business", so he doesn't get special deals on paper and ink. So even if he'll print them essentially at his cost, it will probably be at least $2-$3 per print. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Access to a wide-format printer?

Hi - Do any of you out there [1] have access to a wide-format printer (17" tray), and can you print for very cheap and/or free? I am having trouble sourcing a printer for the LDraw Gallery at BrickFest PDX. I had a couple leads - one fell through (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Anyone heard from Cale Leiphart?

Has anyone heard from Cale lately? I've sent him a few emails over the last several weeks and have received no response. Cale, are you out there? I need a response from you soon on my email request. Does anyone have additional contact info for Cale, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.people)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) We seem to be making something convoluted in this area no matter what we do... Here's a radical idea... drop the clause completely. If someone stands for election that has a conflict of interest that would hinder their carrying out their (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) If we write in a mechanism for determining the eligibility of candidates I agree (see my response to Ross). -Tim (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) Well, I've mulled over in my head the possibility of another body to determine eligibility to the StC - but, it goes against my gut as adding too much bureaucracy to the org. Perhaps the bylaws should allow for a public discussion on a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: L3PPARTS (Was: Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files)

(...) [snip] (...) I think it's a good idea! The only thing I think needs looking at is the naming - should it be dedicated to L3P or to the renderer, eg: RENDERPARTS\POVRAY RENDERPARTS\BRYCE etc. That way, people can provide their own program to do (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3PPARTS (Was: Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files)

I Like it :) It is a great solution to a sticky problem. -Chuck (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Classic Windows

(...) As I dont have any solid-stud classic windows, can anyone please clarify whether these had the "top holes" between the outer pair of studs, to hold the glass in place. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problems with creation of images

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SO...MANN\MLCAD Michi "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HrzyJp.1q2G@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A different simple question

(...) [Lightbulb pops on] Aaaahhhh!! :) Now it all makes sense. So when the original model was created, it must not have been at <0,0,0> in MLCAD. With that in mind I checked out the coords and you all are absolutely right. I picked out one of the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Attn: Chris Dee

(...) OK - I'll take a look at this and post a follow-up. (...) Yes - I saw you posted those to lugnet. Are they in a state to post on the Parts Tracker? Although I suspect we will struggle to get these certified through the normal means, as I (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: A different simple question

(...) I'll try to explain it, but it's kind of a difficult concept to explain without pictures. Note that my explanation isn't based on POV, it's based on 3D computer graphics in general. In the real world, when you rotate something, you rotate it (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: A different simple question

(...) I am most definitely leaving myself out of that category. Especially after I see the stupid questions I'm going to have to ask here. (...) I thought that was what I was supposed to do...? (...) Right. I thought that's what rotating through the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: F1 suspension animation

(...) Thanks Tobbe Good idea will look at that. Steve (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic)

  Re: A different simple question

(...) You are rotating the camera around the y-axis! You would like to rotate it around the vertical axis through the bowl's center. Translate the model center to origo, rotate, and translate back again: translate -<400,-54,400> rotate (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome/White/Black

I accidentaly e-mailed this reply instead of replying to the group. Duh. I think this may help anybody else who is a little unfamiliar with Pov-Ray and Ray-Tracing in general. (...) This is becaus in this instance the chrome grille is reflecting the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: F1 suspension animation

(...) Thanks, I did. That's really cool! The only thing that springs (!) to mind is it might have been cooler if the suspension animation showed "two bumps" with a little delay. First the left wheel moves up fast and when it starts to go down (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: A different simple question

(...) Hello Mike Glad to see someone starting into animation. Here are some changes I made to your file. first translate the bowl: translate<-400,0,-400> this will put it at 0,0,0. Second I simplified your Camera definition. Much easier to use. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: A different simple question

Hi I think that this is caused by the fact that the original MLCAD model is not centered in the virtual space. If you move it so that it's center is at 0,0,0, the camera will rotate around it. /Not 100% sure but I did replicate the above using a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact