 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2082
Re: A different simple question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:07:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Mike Thorn wrote:
Hello all you super-smart PoV-Rayers out there,

I've been fooling around with some simple animation the past few days and for
some reason I can't seemt o be able to do what I want. I have a bowl-ish
shape (thanks Michael L. for the generator in MLCAD!) that I want to rotate
the camera around, keeping the camera aimed at the same spot. I've tried
Friedrich's tutorial and I'm doing just what he says (omitting the +0.10).
Instead of rotating around the center of the model, it makes a wierd swing
out and away before coming back to the original spot.

I was wondering if anybody here can look at my code (link below) and tell me
what I'm doing wrong.

<http://www.roboticsresources.com/bowl.pov>
470KB

Thanks a million,
~Mike

Hello Mike
Glad to see someone starting into animation.  Here are some changes I made to
your file.  first translate the bowl: translate<-400,0,-400> this will put it
at 0,0,0.  Second I simplified your Camera definition.  Much easier to use.

object { bowl_dot_ldr translate <-400,0,-400> #if (version >= 3.1) material
#else texture #end { Color7 }  }

// Background:
background { color rgb <0,0,0>}

// Camera