 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2078
2077  |  2079
Subject:
A different simple question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:27:14 GMT

Hello all you super-smart PoV-Rayers out there,

I’ve been fooling around with some simple animation the past few days and for some reason I can’t seemt o be able to do what I want. I have a bowl-ish shape (thanks Michael L. for the generator in MLCAD!) that I want to rotate the camera around, keeping the camera aimed at the same spot. I’ve tried Friedrich’s tutorial and I’m doing just what he says (omitting the +0.10). Instead of rotating around the center of the model, it makes a wierd swing out and away before coming back to the original spot.

I was wondering if anybody here can look at my code (link below) and tell me what I’m doing wrong.

http://www.roboticsresources.com/bowl.pov 470KB

Thanks a million, ~Mike