 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2077
Re: Simple POV-Ray Question - Perspective
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:23:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
Hi All,

I should know this ... what's the trick for turning off "perspective", if you
will, so that you can do a straight-on side view?  That is, to remove the
"vanishing into the horizon" effect?

ISO views, is that what it's called?  Ugh ...

Using orthographic does not always work.  You can get the same effect by seeing
the camera angle to 0.1

Don't you then have to move the camera a ways back to get all your objects in
the image compared to larger camera angles?

L3P automatically moves the camera further away, please see
http://www.hassings.dk/l3/l3p_ca.html
-ca1 is currently the way to go.

I placed the "//orthographic" line in the camera setting only as a convenience
if you want to experiment with that camera - you will have to adjust the camera location/look_at.

In the coming release I plan extending the automatic camera positioning algorithm
to also work for orthographic camera (-co), but the orthographic camera in PovRay3.5
is playing tricks with me, it works as expected in PovRay3.1.
See also http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9072
/Lars