 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2076
Re: 2 Methods of Making CG Animations (was Re: LEGO animation software)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 02:34:06 GMT

In lugnet.animation, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   --snip--

Does ld4d modeler create an mlcad file for every frame then render it?

Steve

Nope. =(

It will render the animation in a movie file format (..mpg, .avi, etc..) when you are done. LD4DModler does not go the route of frame-by-frame animation as POV-Ray does, it uses 3D modeling.

I got this from Rolando (creator of LD4DModler) who is having trouble posting to LUGNET right now.

Hello, for some reason I can’t post in the newsgroup anymore. It nags about invalid newsgroups when I try to send a replay. Anyway I’am working on that with lugnet. But I wanted to reply on a message you wrote, so here it is :)

I think you misundstood, LD4DM generates .dat files for every frame. Next it will pass them trough l3p to get an .pov file for EVERY frame. Finaly it will create an Povray control file whom it passes to povray so povray will render all .pov files resulting in a .bmp file for every frame. You can also choose only to generate the .dat’s if needed.

The only thing it does not do, jet, is combining all the bmp’s into an avi or mpg. There are many freeware tools for that though.

Guess I was wrong about LD4DModeler. Sorry for any misinformation I posted prior to this. =0

-AHui

LDraw Help Desk