 CAD / 11025
Re: Brick 1 x 4 with Town Car Grille Chrome/White/Black
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:14:10 GMT

I accidentaly e-mailed this reply instead of replying to the group. Duh. I
think this may help anybody else who is a little unfamiliar with Pov-Ray and
Ray-Tracing in general.

When I POVray a model using Brick  1 x  4 with Town Car Grille Chrome, the
grille often turns out dark gray instead of chrome:¬

This is becaus in this instance the chrome grille is reflecting the back
background and is lit from just behined the camera.  If you had the camera
infront of the car, along with the light, you'll see that the chrome turns a
briliant white.  Try building a sceen with to cars; one infront of the other
to see how the chrome reflection looks.

Or you could add a sky_sphere to the scene and see how the chrome part of
the grille reflects the sky.