 CAD / *31680 (-20)
  Re: Overlapping polygons etc  [DAT]

(...) I think I missed what you meant earlier. I would not inline the stud for that, Unless it was a major piece of the part. which this is not. (...) Ok, I see it now. My laptop screen was not showing me enough detail. See my example below. I used (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad)

  KNEX pieces in Ldraw?

I have been wondering lately whether this would work (or if it's legal). All someone has to do is create knex pieces in the DAT format, and then you could have a folder called Knex in the parts window in MLCAD. You could even take it as far as (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Overlapping polygons etc

Thanks for your replies! (...) OK. I just thought with 24 studs being affected, the large increase in polygons may be a bad idea, but it's better to get it right. (...) AFAIK this part is only available in black, but better safe than sorry. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How to use Mega-Pov without LPub

the post process functions do not exist in MegaPov 1.0. you need MegaPov 0.7. Gary "Trev" <tjhewer@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:HJ5oJ6.252w@lugnet.com... (...) all of (...) lines, (...) MegaPov 1.0 (...) when (...) unofficial (...) Mega-Pov I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Train Track 9V Half Straight  [DAT]

HI, Perhaps is this the verry first time that a LDRAW part is created BEFORE the official LEGO part's available. Let's hope that Lego release the half straight 9V track as can be seen on the new freight train back side of the box. This part is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  The first LDRAW/MLCAD-made car for a computer game

I've been familiar with making 3D models for the computer game "Midtown Madness 2" for a while now, one of my more popular models being a VW Turbo New Beetle. I go by "Legoguy" at the Midtown Madness 2 Central forums ((URL)) so needless to say I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  How to use Mega-Pov without LPub

Hello. This is my first post on lugnet. I have searched and read nearly all of the topics about Mega-Pov. I have tried for a long time to get the edge lines, but I just can't seem to get it. I put the line #version unofficial MegaPov 1.0 and then (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Overlapping polygons etc

(...) I agree. To minimize the amount of time, try making as many small repeated subparts as possible when creating, then inline them when done. This can also be done as a mpd format. I have started doing this in LDAO with the last few parts I have (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad)

  SIGGRAPH Wrap-Up

The Event Well, all good things must come to an end. We wrapped up the (URL) SIGGRAPH 2003> [1] LEGO display on Thursday afternoon, after an exhausting but fun week of building and hanging out with conference attendees and fellow AFOLs. What an (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Overlapping polygons etc

(...) My feeling on the matter is that while overlapping is not wrong, it should be avoided. I know from personal experience how time comsuming this can be. (...) In this case I'd say inline the primitive and trim (...) The problem is that the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Overlapping polygons etc

Hi all, I'm currently working on (URL) if there's anyone else working on this please let me know, cos I'd rather not ;) But in case there isn't, I have a few questions: 1. Is there an "official" policy on overlapping & intersecting polygons? I have (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org 2003-02 Parts Update Now Available

In lugnet.announce, Steve Bliss wrote: ---snip--- (...) --- snippety - doo - dah --- WOW! Thanks to whomever did all the polishing to 30116.dat! I worked on that file for quite a while, but ran out of steam... and now, HERE IT IS! An official LDRAW (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEdit Command line question

(...) Most of the meta commands are used outside of the original LEdit program. ROTATION CENTER is currently only used in MLCad (I make use of it frequently). If you're not able to use MLCad (I don't see why not), then I suggest making a custom part (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LEdit Command line question

My ignorance of meta-commands is very nearly complete, so I throw myself on the mercy of my peers here in lugnet.cad.dev Is there a way to "set" the rotation point of a part that will work in LEdit? For example, if I'd like the 2x4 brick 3001.dat to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Command line commands in dat parts

(...) I forgot to add that this link: (URL) my draft LDraw spec and it contains a list of all the known META commands and links to the website for the programs that use them -Orion (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Command line commands in dat parts

(...) It's a LDLite META Command. Supposedly the command gives a default color for the part though I've never really seen it in action. For the most commonly used tools (MLCad, LeoCAD, L3P) this command does nothing. -Orion (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 44567

(...) The Parts Tracker generates new pictures and updates the dependency list on the hour. If there is alot of new submissions it may take a little while. I usually wait 10 minutes or so after the hour to check any new postings, or reviews. Paul (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Command line commands in dat parts

Can someone tell me what a "CMDLINE -C0" means? And if there is a website that explains what the other commands are and how they are used. Thank you, Paul (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 44567

(...) Are you sure you couldn't find it? You might what to look again ;) (URL) I just submitted this so you might have to wait a little bit before being able to download. (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  LEGO Digital Designer Review

LEGO® Digital Desginer Review I got to playing around with LEGO® Digital Designer 1.0 (LDD) this weekend, and thought a review is in order. This is from a college student standpoint. I am not a programmer by trade, but fairly adept at learning to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact