 CAD / Development / 9110
Re: LEdit Command line question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:40:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dave Schuler wrote:
My ignorance of meta-commands is very nearly complete, so I throw myself on the
mercy of my peers here in lugnet.cad.dev

Is there a way to "set" the rotation point of a part that will work in LEdit?
For example, if I'd like the 2x4 brick 3001.dat to rotate around the centerpoint
of the front-bottom edge, can I set the point of rotation to (0,24,-20) in some
way?

I know of the ROTATION CENTER meta-command, but I can't seem to get it to work.
Naturally, I could translate the relevent part so that its actual center is on
the intended rotation point, but this can be undesireable for off-sized
elements.

Any help is greatly appreciated, even if it amounts to "read the documentation,
you clown."

Dave!

Most of the meta commands are used outside of the original LEdit program.
ROTATION CENTER is currently only used in MLCad (I make use of it frequently).
If you're not able to use MLCad (I don't see why not), then I suggest making a
custom part with its center at the desired rotation point.  Give it a different
name than 3001.dat of course.

This also answers one of my speculations:  does anybody still use LEdit?
Apparently, yes.

John