 CAD / Development / 9112
9111  |  9113
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: LEdit Command line question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 01:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dave Schuler wrote:

My ignorance of meta-commands is very nearly complete, so I throw myself on the
mercy of my peers here in lugnet.cad.dev

Is there a way to "set" the rotation point of a part that will work in LEdit?
For example, if I'd like the 2x4 brick 3001.dat to rotate around the centerpoint
of the front-bottom edge, can I set the point of rotation to (0,24,-20) in some
way?

The only way to do this with LEdit is to create your own part file,
consisting of one line:

1 16 0 -24 20 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3001.dat

If you store that file in your ldraw\parts directory, you can use it in
LEdit as a part, in place of 3001.dat.  Of course, it will be offset by
(0,-24,20).

Steve