 CAD / Development / 9113
9112  |  9114
Subject:
Orange in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:35:17 GMT

I did a color comparison of the color orange in LDraw:

http://ldraw.pobursky.com/images/OrangeComp.png

The brick on the left is the current LDraw color 462

The brick in the middle is color 484, the dither of Yellow and Red (the dither
of Red and Yellow, 334, is currently defined as Gold Chrome)

The brick on the right is LDLite color 25

While none of them are perfect the one that comes cosest is the LDLite color.
Since this color is not allowed in part files, the next best choice is color
484.  The current define (462) seems way to yellow.

Why are we using 462 as Orange?  I think we should change this to 484.

Any comments?

-Orion