 Boats / 499 (-20)
  Sonar question

Can sonar "see" around objects? Can it detect, for example, a sub hiding on the other side of a reef or similar underwater obstacle? Here's why I'm asking: The kitchenette in my office is around the corner and down a hall, so I can't see when (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Vignette - Admiral's Quarters

The Admiral has been locked inside his swanky cabin so long, I think the poor old fellow is going a little crazy. But, at least he's got a nice room to go nuts in. (Heck, insanity is a great way to pass the time!) ;-) (URL) -Mike "Count Blockula" (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, FTX) !!

  Here come the .... Vikings

Hi all I built 2 new MOCs (set size) in the viking spirit (press the pictures to magnify) (2 URLs) Comments are always welcome (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Microfig Maersk Sealand Container Ship

My microfig interpretation of the popular set #10152: (URL) Spencer Rezkalla (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

In lugnet.boats, Niels Karsdorp wrote: <snip> (...) It looks identical to the Playmobil motor, actually. I have seen other ads from floating boats from this era state that you can motorize the boats with "another toy boat motor." (...) This set in (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

In lugnet.boats, Jeff Szklennik wrote: <snip> (...) It attaches pretty easily. you might have to "shave" just a bit of plastic from the top nib of the Playmobil motor for a perfect fit. also in this set: (...) I don't have this set but have wondered (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

(...) looks good, nice work Am I betraying my age? I don't think brown and orange are classic colours! Tim (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

(...) Motorized boats are not new to lego, take a look at the instructions of set 314 from 1976: (URL) I have two copies of this set, I don't have a motor and I won't use my set in water, but it would be nice to see boats moving through the water. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

(...) Snip (...) thanks for posting! my brother's got that set & has wanted to get a motor for years. The playmobil motor was the only one i could think of to get, but i wonder if it attaches easily? also in this set: (URL) a motor, & i suppose that (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:I4CH32.uJn@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) Ah, for the ultimate in Lego Miniland R/C boats, check these photos out (URL) of the boat are here (URL) was made as a test prototype by the chief (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Fun with Lego Boats

Over the weekend I spent several enjoyable hours playing with my 4011 Cabin Cruiser ((URL) the twin hurricanes passed through my part of Appalachia, we had one of those brilliantly clear and beautiful September days in the mountains that makes you (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.general)

  Re: Interesting idea for boats/towns/train layouts: Falkirk Wheel

(...) That's insane! The website also mentioned that to get boats to the wheel they also had to build the aqueduct and a tunnel. A canal tunnel. Wow. Rick Clark (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Interesting idea for boats/towns/train layouts: Falkirk Wheel

The Union Canal in Scotland has a pretty interesting lock mechanism for moving boats between two levels, called the Falkirk Wheel. Here's an animation to show it off: (URL) Boats move between the top and bottom levels via the wheel. More images are (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

(...) I think you should be, it came out great! nice work! (...) I like the cargo containers, I'm thinking there might be some other 1x2 logo'ed bricks out there that might work (like Octan maybe?) The repaint came out nice. I hope some other folks (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

Well I've finished my summer lego project. I rebuilt a 10152 in classic Lego colors. (URL) Dark Red = Red; Maersk Blue = Blue; Reddish Brown = Brown; Light Blue Gray = Light Gray; Dark Blue Gray = Dark Gray White, Black, Orange and all transparent (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

Nicely done, question for you though, what type of plates did you use to expand the bow of the ship to that width? (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) WOW what a tree, Thanks (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) Thanks, That's how I've been going about it so far. I am trying to figure out the feasability of another ship in the same scale but my first calculation seemed a bit wonky. I was also using a 1x1 round as approximate "person" size, but that's (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) There's a dicussion of scale (URL) here> based on container size. Hope this helps. ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) <snip> (...) There's no guarantee that they're in the same scale as the ship, but you might try working from the cargo containers instead. They don't have much in the way of variety of shapes and sizes. I think the only ones I've ever seen are (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact