 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 710
  MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

I'm proud to present, finally, the finished webpages for my marine crane MOC (the crane I took to Brickfest this year): (URL) newly revised pages contain new pictures and a lot of new text (I had temporary pages available before). They will give (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

Hey more new pix, great! Cool MOC! It's really something to look at. The upper portion, the base, the massiveness of it all. sheeesh 48 pounds! Wowie. A mechanical bounty of Technic beauty. Hey can we suspend the Jama with the Crane when I build the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Me likes it! (...) Can't really grasp it... (...) I did, very much so! Thanks TJ! Any chance of videos of the beast actually moving? (...) So you're implying it took less then five building sessions to get the crane done? :-) Best regards, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

Great website, TJ! Definitely the Technic MOC of the year. j. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) An outstanding model. It has a very real, very hefty look to it. Well done! (...) The interesting thing about the page is that because it's so well designed and so easy to look at, it belies how much work went into it. But I'm sure it took a (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Thanks! (...) Uh, lift at your own risk ;-) If Jama is under 48 pounds, then sure! I can probably lift it. Just as long as it doesn't thrash around like my cats do! (...) Thanks for your comments. This is why I love sharing my stuff with (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Thanks! It's not the tallest, but it's the beefiest ;-) (...) My wife liked it too, until I insisted on keeping it in the living room for all to see :-) (...) I didn't take any, sorry. However, Todd Thuma did take some at Brickfest, and I'm (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Thank you! I don't know about the best of the year award, there have been many other great MOCs announced this year. (Jennifer's AC50 crane would get my vote ;-) Perhaps a poll is in order? Well, I'm glad you got to see the crane in person, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Thanks! It's a very solid model. I'm often surprized at how well it stays together. I can pic it up (fully assembled) at the base, and move it around easily. I've even run into door frames and walls with it while carrying it, and nothing falls (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Tall and spinky can't beat tall and beafy :) (...) LOL! (...) *crossing my fingers* I recently came to the conclusion that seing MOC's move adds a lot to the OnLine experience. Sure, nice photos and good descriptions is good but movies is (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Nice. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see the crane in action, but I appreciated the first hand experience I had with it. Frank (21 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) I mentioned that on the site, somewhere on this page: (URL) again for the help! Frank got to see the damage first hand when I opened up my trunks in DC. He saw something like this: (URL) the crane base was a little squashed. He helped me (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

Hi Thomas, A few months ago I already saw some images of your latest crane. No I’ve red the whole story about it. It’s a very rare crane, especially because it’s built of LEGO. Never seen that before! I’m always surprised when people manage to build (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.events)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) You always should make movies when you have you own camera. My father filmed most of my models and I'm glad I have the movies (e.g. the Liebherr LG1550 and the Hitachi pile driver). TJ, when you have a movie, I can see it in 'real' though. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) The geared 9V motors are great. It's been proven that they're much more efficient than the old ones. They suck less current, and their internal gear reduction has less friction losses than a built-up gear reduction. The 12V motors may be more (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane

(...) Yes, I agree. Actually, I'm working on that right now. I had mentioned that Todd Thuma took a few movies of the crane at Brickfest. Well, I just contacted him and he said he'd look for them. Hopefully he has a few, and will be kind enough to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New Video (Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane)

(...) I've finally taken video of the crane, having borrowed a friend's camera. The links to the files are on this page at the bottom: (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Video (Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane)

(...) What codec did you use to compress them? Of course my NT4 IE 5.5 WM 6.4 is outdated and can't find the apropriate codec. Don't convert them or anything for lil' me I'll just find another computer until I can get them playing alright. /Tobbe (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Video (Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane)

(...) I had that problem at first. (...) I don't know. I borrowed a friend's camera and I'm not very familiar with it. (...) I had to upgrade my WM player in order to get both sound and video. My version reads "6.4.09.1109" whatever that means. TJ (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Video (Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane)

(...) that crane! It's insane! Yikes, I see why you managed to scare people with that monster of a crane! That turntable must be _really_ good. Congratulations to a splendid design job! /Tobbe (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Video (Re: MOC: Marine Pedestal Crane)

(...) Ha! I had good times with it. I'd let a crowd gather around it, while I waited behind them, and then I'd rotate the crane around quickly. They jumped and looked around and didn't know what to think. It was fun. (...) Thanks! TJ (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)