 Announcements / 4046 (-100)
  MLCad.ini 2009-03 Update Now Available

Hi folks, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2009-02. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: (URL) w. (14 years ago, 30-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  BrickMaster set 20013 contains 1x3 tiles!

I got the latest BrickMaster set today, a mini-scale Atlantis submarine. It has a Christmas present inside: two red 1x3 tiles! Yes, you read that right: 1x3 tiles. Tiles. Three studs long, one stud wide. And red. The instructions list them as part (...) (15 years ago, 24-Dec-09, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Brickworld Registration & Brickworld Indy

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The team at Brickworld is excited to announce that registration for the 2010 event at the Westin will open on January 1st. We look forward to seeing everyone in Chicago in June. We are presently updating the (...) (15 years ago, 20-Dec-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Bricksmith 2.3.1

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 2.3.1> fixes the following bugs: Empty steps no longer prevent files from being opened Split and Close tooltips appear Split and Close buttons always work Bricksmith requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later, and may be download it at (...) (15 years ago, 15-Dec-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX) !

  James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2009 awarded to Tim Courtney

The SteerCo is pleased to announce that the James Jessiman Memorial Award (JJMA) for 2009 will be awarded to Tim Courtney. Tim's work on behalf of LDraw cannot be understated. Upon the sudden death of James, the LDraw community was in turmoil. Tim (...) (15 years ago, 13-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people) !!

  LDraw.org's November 2009 Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the November 2009 Part Of The Month (POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Electric Power Functions IR Handset Incremental (Complete) by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) POTM - Most Desired Part, Tyre 37 x 22 ZR by (...) (15 years ago, 8-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  *** LDView Version 4.1 Released ***

LDView 4.1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) Some notable changes: Curve smoothing in POV-Ray exports. Customizable toolbar on Windows and Mac versions. Note: the default toolbar is now missing some features (...) (15 years ago, 6-Dec-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LDConfig Manager 1.0

Because of the current discussion about the LDConfig.ldr I needed a tool to visualisise all the used colors. So I just coded LDConfig Manager. It is far from beeing complete and maybe buggy, but it works for me. Maybe you are also interested in (...) (15 years ago, 6-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Color page updated

Hi folks, the colors page at LDraw.org has been updated: (URL) find links to localized versions of the color table as well as Philo's Visual LDConfig.ldr picture: (URL) w. (15 years ago, 1-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  2009/2010 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC): Election results

The winners of the 2009/2010 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) election are (in alphabetical order by last name): Travis Cobbs Mike Heidemann Santeri Piippo Allen Smith Scott Wardlaw Congratulations to the new LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) members! (...) (15 years ago, 1-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  SCLTC holiday show at Nixon Library

The Southern California LEGO Train Club ((URL) SCLTC>) opened its first ever show at the (URL) Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum> in Yorba Linda, California earlier this month. SCLTC joined the Train Collector Association ((URL) TCA>) in (...) (15 years ago, 29-Nov-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !

  DATHeader (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0

Today I have finished the work on the new DATHeader version 3. There are only a few new functions build in but a major redesign of the GUI. I hope you like the changes. As my standard webspace is currently down, you can download the new version from (...) (15 years ago, 21-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Festival of the Masters 2009 & my MOC: Wizard of Oz

GFLUG participated in the 2009 Festival of the Masters in Downtown Disney (Orlando, FL) in front of the LEGO Imagination Center last weekend (Nov. 13th - 15th). This year's theme for building our creations was "Legends and Icons". This year, we had (...) (15 years ago, 18-Nov-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Hispabrick Magazine 006 released

It's that time again:we are happy to announce the release of Hispabrick Magazine 006 In this issue you will find a couple of articles about builders and their MOCs, a historical overview of Castle, some great ideas on how to clean your LEGO pieces, (...) (15 years ago, 18-Nov-09, to lugnet.announce) !

  *** LSynth 3.1 Released ***

Hi folks, Don Heyse, has asked me to announce the release of LSynth 3.1 which is now available for download from: (URL) he has done all the coding for this update. My role was nothing more than whining when things didn't work as I expected them (...) (15 years ago, 18-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  2009/2010 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) Election is open

The 2009/2010 LDraw Standards Committee[1] election is now open. To vote, please visit (URL) and log in with your user account. Next, visit the ballot page on LDraw.org here: (URL) LDraw organization members may vote and you may vote for up to five (...) (15 years ago, 17-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark

LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark Nov. 3, 2009 -Press Association/UKPA- LEGO, maker of the iconic toy brick, is launching a legal bid to win back its trademark. The company was last year stripped of the right to keep the brick's three-dimensional (...) (15 years ago, 6-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  2009/2010 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC): List of candidates

Hi folks, I have put together a summary of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) candidates for your reference. I’ll do my best to keep it up to date as new nominations or acceptances are coming in. You can find it at: (URL) are listed in (...) (15 years ago, 6-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  (correction) LEGO® Expects 15% Profit Growth in 2009: CEO

(...) -Correction- LEGO Group CEO corrects erroneous forecast story By Katie Roberts Nov. 4, 2009, 9:53am CEO Jorgen Vig Knudstorp is keen to correct recent reports on his sales predictions for 2009. The story claimed that the CEO was hoping to post (...) (15 years ago, 5-Nov-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Stilzkin Igniz offroad vehicle

(2 URLs) The Stilzkin Igniz is a tracked articulated, all-terrain carrier developed by Stilzkin Inc. for the Russian Army. It is mostly used for (troop) transport, it's not designed to be used in combat. It consists of two units, with all four (...) (15 years ago, 4-Nov-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  2009/2010 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) - Call for Nominations

Hi folks, it has passed another year since the last election of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) were held - and again the SteerCo missed the actual deadlines :-( Nominations are now open. All nominations must be received and recorded by (...) (15 years ago, 3-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI new version 1.4.0.0

I have just uploaded a new version of LETGUI package, that contains the new tool Slicerpro (Version 1.1). You can download the updated package from (URL) (15 years ago, 1-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  New LDraw Tool for Parts author: SlicerPro

(2 URLs) SlicerPro> is not a professional version of some Slicer tool, but a much improved version of my older Projector tool! Not only does it project flat patterns onto 3D shapes, it also slices the pattern along the edges of the former, making (...) (15 years ago, 1-Nov-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LEGO® Expects 50% Profit Growth in 2009: CEO

LEGO Expects 50% Profit Growth in 2009: LEGO CEO Published: Thursday, 29 Oct 2009 By: Reuters Danish toy company LEGO expects to post a 50% profit growth in 2009, CEO Jorgen Vig Knudstorp told CNBC, and he expects the growth momentum to continue in (...) (15 years ago, 29-Oct-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Bricksmith 2.3

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 2.3> adds the following features: Configurable viewport arrangements Zoom to Fit Views stay scrolled to center as they change size Colors are more vivid It also fixes the following bugs: Reordering or copying steps no longer (...) (15 years ago, 29-Oct-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  NALUG train show, 2009

I've just finished off web pages for NALUG's display at the 2009 Great Edmonton Train Show. We won first place this year - we had lots of action and trains. You can see the pictures here: (URL) website is slow, but most pages are not large, and I've (...) (15 years ago, 23-Oct-09, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc)

  L(EGO)Draw parts - 3rd batch

Hi folks, the LEGO Universe Team has shared another batch of part shapes with the community, with the purpose to make them fit for the LDraw Parts Tracker. This time things are a bit different. The package we've got contains also shapes which are (...) (15 years ago, 15-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LEGO Emoticon -- Invented. [ : : : : ]

The LEGO Emoticon: [::::] I came up with this for my badge at BrickCon09. Far as I can tell, I'm the first to use it, although it seems obvious in hindsight. Thought others might find it useful/fun. Enjoy! Rick Clark FUT lugnet.fun (15 years ago, 15-Oct-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun) !

  Walking Robot Competition Results

(...) We had several great entries for the Walking Robot competition at BrickCon. Third place: Bryan Bonahoom at 70.55 seconds Second place: Steve Putz at 39.54 seconds First place: Gus Jansson at 30.79 seconds As they've done for so many previous (...) (15 years ago, 7-Oct-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Updated Unofficial parts pack for LeoCAD

Following LeoCAD official parts update ((URL) here is an new version of my unofficial parts pack. It contains all LDraw unofficial parts available as of October 6, 2009. (URL) (15 years ago, 6-Oct-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Visual LDConfig.ldr

(URL) As I wanted to see the rendering of the new colors of LDConfig.ldr in various viewers, I created this (URL) MPD file>. It contains not only a brick palette with all colors, but each has a label attached showing its LDraw color. Special thanks (...) (15 years ago, 5-Oct-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.10

Because version 2.0.9 has had an serious error in parsing a file (blank lines in the data portion caused errors) I have decided to release a new version today. Also some new features are implemented. 1) If clipboard has text with less than 26 (...) (15 years ago, 4-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.9

I just uploaded a new version of DATHeader. 1) Philo claimed that there should be two values for decimal rounding. This is now implemented. 2) Il'dar was very satisfied with the new result window, but HollyWood did miss the detailed information on (...) (15 years ago, 3-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  A 'New' LUG is born : EuroLUG

All the information listed below was mention at the 'Skærbæk 2009' event over the weekend in Skærbæk Fritidscenter, Skærbæk, South Denmark. A new LUG is born... An European LEGO User Group : EuroLUG The Organization •EuroLUG is a European LEGO User (...) (15 years ago, 30-Sep-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.8

Just uploaded a new version. New in Version 2.0.8 (Released 27.09.2009) 1) Now detailed scan is disabled if any change has been made. (This was necessary, as detailed scan needs the line number.) 2) History Dialog made new. 3) If last line is only (...) (15 years ago, 27-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Cute GraphJam posting

This is cute: (URL) Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (15 years ago, 22-Sep-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Dirty Brickster at BrickCon 2009

BrickCon 2009 will again have a Dirty Brickster on Saturday night. If you want to participate, you have to think ahead to wrap and bring something. If you've done it before: worth $10+ to an AFOL. No junk. Please wrap ahead of time. If you've never (...) (15 years ago, 21-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun) !

  Virtual Lego Room Tour at BrickCon 2009

After the success of the first Virtual Lego Room Tour at BrickFest 2009 we've decided to do it again at BrickCon. When LUGs have a meeting at a member's house, the one thing that everyone always wants to see is the owner's build area. A Lego Room, a (...) (15 years ago, 21-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.storage, lugnet.events) !

  MLCad.ini 2009-02 Update Now Available

Hi folks, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2009-02. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: (URL) w. (15 years ago, 17-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Draft at BrickCon 2009

There will be a draft at BrickCon 2009. It is scheduled for 5:30pm Saturday. The draft set will be 5972 Space Truck Getaway. (URL) participant must bring one copy of the set to the draft, and no participant will be allowed to draft more than one (...) (15 years ago, 16-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Walking Robot Competition at BrickCon 09

There will be a walking robot competition at BrickCon 09 this year. We'll be following the rules for "regular" robots found at (URL) with a couple of minor adjustments for LEGO robots: - All robots must be completely built of unmodified, non-glued, (...) (15 years ago, 11-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  AFOL Interview

I'm posting this on behalf of one of the members in my LUG. You can send her your responses directly if you like; her email is her firstname.lastname@gmail.com . Or, you can send them to me, and I'll pass the word along. Thanks, Jordan Schwarz -- (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  Deadline for BrickCon 2009 Registration Fast Approaching

BrickCon 2009 Preregistration ends on Tuesday, September 15. If you haven't registered yet you should. (URL) can still register online after September 15 (or at the door) but you will not get a personalized brick badge (instead you get the boring (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  *** LDView Version 4.1 Beta 1 Released ***

LDView 4.1 Beta 1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) This is a Beta release, which means that I’m hoping to get as much feedback as possible. This also means that it is likely not as stable as a final release, (...) (15 years ago, 5-Sep-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LDraw.org's September 2009 Part of the Month voting is now open

The voting for the September 2009 contests is now open. Visit the (URL) page> to cast your vote. Sorry, no MOTM or SOTM this month. So far we have only three entries for every contest. Willy Tschager LDraw.org Administration Team (15 years ago, 3-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  It's here, RAILBRICKS 6

(URL) The latest issue of RAILBRICKS is out! RAILBRICKS 6 The Double Issue We silently released issue 6 on Friday August 7th. This 100 page issue was a long time coming, but features an interview with UK builder Carl Greatrix, more Steam tips & (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Moonbase

Hi. It's been awhile. From what I've seen, Moonbase is more or less dead, and more or less dead at Lego conventions. I suspect that like a lot of building trends, it may have just run its course...which is fine. But I've always felt bad about (...) (15 years ago, 8-Aug-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  calling all MOCs for BrickCon October 1-4, 2009

Everyone is invited to attend BrickCon this year in Seattle (October 1-4). Last year was bigger than ever and this year promises to be even better. Last year's Town and Train layout was fantastic and I know we can make this one even better. It (...) (15 years ago, 7-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce) !

  Hispabrick Magazine 005

Hispabrick Magazine 005 is now available in English and in Spanish. This issue is dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the LEGO Star Wars line and features several articles about SW related issues (MOCs, a competition to win a chrome Darth Vader, (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.es) !!

  New LDConfig.ldr color file

Hi folks, working on and off for almost a year with Scott Wardlaw, Alex Taylor and with the help from Joshua Delahunty we put together a new LDConfig file which hopefully fills in where the old version failed: (URL) file has the following (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Bricksmith 2.2: Your Favorite(s)

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 2.2> adds the following features: Part favorites Supports MacBook trackpad gestures Middle mouse button activates spin mode Pen tablet eraser deletes parts Colors sort by hue It also fixes the following bugs: Center-click/smooth (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.7

I have just uploaded a new version of DATHeader (2.0.7) NEW: 1) Identical vertices on quads made into triangle. Maybe by this the BFC is broken. Should only be made if visual ok. 2) Detailed Scan for double lines. 3) Detailed Scan for non planar (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LUGNET outage on July 4th/5th, 2009

Dear all, as you will have noticed, we have encountered a major outage yesterday, July 5th, 2009, after some irregularities on the day before. Cause of this outage were some faulty server components that caused the main LUGNET server to repeatedly (...) (15 years ago, 6-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce) !

  RTN goes to Brickworld

(URL) RTN goes to Brickworld 2009> (URL) Stories and photos from my trip to Brickworld with my MOCs! again that's here (URL) enjoy kurt (15 years ago, 2-Jul-09, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  (re)Introducing 62 Bricks

Hello all, 62 Bricks is a new site that has recently been re-tooled to be a fun way for builders to share their creations with other fans and builders. Upload pictures of your models and let visitors rate them on a simple scale from 1-20. New and (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.6

I have just uploaded the new release of DATHeader. New in Version 2.0.6 1) Direct download by specifying the partnumber. 2) Check keywords against part description and filename. ((URL) 3) Check keywords for length (max 80 characters). ((URL) 4) If (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce) !

  Can somebody made tests on LINUX and/or MAC machines?

I am searching some guys that have a linux machine and/or mac machine where they are able to install also the mono-runtime enviroment. I have run into some problems with the current development of DATHeader and I really need help for that. Any (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  CARLSBAD: Legoland hires nine star builders

(URL) Legoland hires nine star builders Five declared "masters," while four gain associate positions at the amusement park BY BARBARA HENRY - bhenry@nctimes.com | Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:51 PM PDT CARLSBAD ---- A Carlsbad teenager who vowed that (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california) !

  Call for Presentations/Sessions at BrickCon 2009

BrickCon 2009 is looking for any talks, roundtables, and special activities you would like to see at the Con this year. Going to and putting on sessions are one of the things that makes a Lego convention fun. Past talks have included manufacturing (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Brickworld - WGN Broadcast

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover Thank you again for registering to attend Brickworld this year! We are looking forward to a dymanic event this weekend. To kick things off, we just received final confirmation that WGN-TV will be visiting (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickworld - Exhibit Setup Information/Logistics

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover With only a couple days to go until the big event, please take note of the following information for setup and takedown: Location: The Westin Chicago North Shore 601 N. Milwaukee Avenue Wheeling, Illinois (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

As part of the National Train Show on July 10-12, 2009 in Hartford, CT, Jamie Berard, set designer of the newly released 'Emerald Night' and employee of The LEGO Group (TLG), will participate as part of the show. Jamie will be giving a talk on both (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  STX Europe ship built by LEGO Bricks competition (winners)

STX EUROPE Competition posted on LUGNET last year. (URL) STXEUROPE-Blockdoker> Here is the winners of the competition. Plus the Jury picks of other designs by other people. Winner of the (URL) Oasis Category> design Thilo Schön. Winner of the (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  LEGO® set 10197 - Fire Brigade

Start saving! LEGO® set 10197 – Fire Brigade Ages 16+. 2,231 pieces. Year: 2009 US $ 149.99; CA $ 199.99, UK £ 97.85, DE € 149.99 Build an authentic vintage fire station! Ding ding ding! There’s a fire in town! The fire brigade drives to the scene (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  127,000 bricks in 110 seconds!

We set up our 127,000 brick US flag at the Richard M Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda, California yesterday. The Orange County Register made this 110 second time lapse and audio/video posted at (URL). You will have wait past 10 (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Please note: Change in LUGNET email behavior

Hi all, recently we have again had to deal with a significant surge in spam and as a result have found LUGNET blacklisted on Spamcop. This is quite obviously due to the fact that spammers have increasingly used the mail2news gateway of LUGNET, (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce)

  DATHeader version 2.0.5 (The Reviewer Tool)

DATHeader is on the way not only to assist in getting a proper header for official DAT-files but also it is now a very useful tool for reviewers. You will have a listing of all tests with OK or ERROR message. Please note that not all errors that (...) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Copyright notice concerning Brickmania / Daniel Siskind's models.

It has come to my attention that numerous individual are reselling my kits and instructions without my consent on eBay, Bricklink, etc. Therefore I am posting my guidelines regarding the reproduction and redistribution of my work here.Furthermore, (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

In reference to this post (URL) the LDraw.org Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate/self- nominate individuals as candidates for the LDraw LEGO Ambassador. Please read the official announcement at (URL) first. Please post (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Ambassador Cycle 7 now open

Hello LEGO Enthusiasts, We’re happy to announce that the nomination process for LEGO Ambassador Cycle 7 is now open. The LEGO Ambassador Program is designed to give the AFOL Community a direct line into the LEGO Company. The Program is essentially a (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce) !

  Perth Model Railway Show 2009 Pics

Hi All, The Perth Adult Lego Society has wowed the crowds at the latest model railway show with a huge 14 metre bridge, a thumping concert stage, a massive cruise ship, and heaps of other details that made this year's display our best yet! Check out (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.announce) !

  New 'Combo Build' Contest at Brickworld 2009!

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is excited to announce a slight schedule change for Brickworld 2009. In place of the 'Speed Build' that was to be held on Friday night, we will be trying a new 'Combo Build' event. The (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickworld - Registration Update

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover On-line registration for Brickworld 2009 is now closed. We are thrilled to have 556 registered attendees coming to this year's event. We think you will all make this the best Brickworld event yet!!! If you (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  DATHeader version 2.0.4 for WINDOWS, LINUX and MAC

And here is the next release of DATHeader. The following happend: 1) Some more adjustments to recognize part type correctly 2) If EDIT commands used the current file will be unloaded. 3) Notify about wrong colors now without separate messages 4) (...) (15 years ago, 31-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: DATHeader version 2.0.3 for LINUX and MAC

(...) I have just found an error in DATHeader. The test for partdescription at subparts was not correct. Please download the bugfix from (URL) that side I have now also listed all tests that are performed by DATHeader and also the specification on (...) (15 years ago, 24-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

This time, it is not a software utility, but physical measuring tools... a set of do-it-yourself measuring instruments to get parts dimensions directly in LDraw units. (URL) Acrobat document to print your own rulers and scales, and building (...) (15 years ago, 24-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  DATHeader version 2.0.3 for LINUX and MAC

I am proud to announce the release of DATHeader for the use on Linux and Mac machines. Windows machines are supported anyway. New feature in this version is the reviewer mode. You do not need to save the file to get the informations that DATHeader (...) (15 years ago, 23-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Brickworld - The BIG Announcement

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is thoroughly overwhelmed right now. We have set a record attendance level and are fast approaching what seemed unattainable a few short weeks ago. There are presently 427 registered (...) (15 years ago, 22-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Brickhelper 1.0 - a LXF file utility app.

I've completed v1.0 of this LXF file utility program I've been working on, aka 'BrickHelper'. With this program you can load a creation made in Lego Digital Designer, get an inventory of it's parts, and export a Bricklink-compliant XML file that you (...) (15 years ago, 20-May-09, to lugnet.announce)

  LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

Hi folks, I have updated the LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial at: (URL) also moved it from the betatest section to its permanent location. Furthermore I added more examples to: (URL) revised the troubleshooting page: (URL) In the updated tutorial you will (...) (15 years ago, 20-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Brickworld - Collaborative Mansion

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover For Brickworld 2009, we want to build on the collaborative display that was started last year, the LEGO Mansion. This year, let us try to build on the theme of lighting (in keeping with the World of Lights (...) (15 years ago, 18-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(...) Attention everyone!! Okay - is everyone listening? We are modifying the conditions of the BOTS challenge in response to feedback received from the community. 1) You do not need team mates. You can compete as an individual or a team. 2) You do (...) (15 years ago, 18-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  DATHeader NEW as .NET application (version 2.0.1)

Version 2.0.1 of DATHeader is now available for download at www.michael-heidemann.de as my other webspace is down :-( in the moment. There are now more tests performed. For example: - check for coplanarity (based on Philo's code) - check for double (...) (15 years ago, 17-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  txt2dat 0.2.2

A new version of txt2dat is available. The only major change in this version is the addition of the -k option to specify glyph pair kerning. If you don't know what that means then you probably don't need it :) Get it here: (URL) that the Mac version (...) (15 years ago, 16-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 1.3.0.0

I have just uploaded a new version of LETGUI package, that contains the new tool Edger2 (Version 1.1). Added support for changed Ytruder V1.3. BUGFIX: If your file is located in a folder with spaces you where not able to view it with the editor or (...) (15 years ago, 15-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Edger2

(URL) Lee Gaiteri's (URL) Edger> utility allows to create conditional lines between adjacent facets, and edge lines on outside (unmatched) facets. But it has a few drawbacks, such as requiring perfect match between facets (something hard to get (...) (15 years ago, 15-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: DATHeader next release as DOTNET application

(...) As it seems that nobody needs a version of DATHeader that run under W98 I will close the version that I have developed with Visual Basic 5. The new version is on the way and I hope to release it this weekend. I am testing it currently against (...) (15 years ago, 15-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld - LEGO Store Event & Discount

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover We have received a lot of communication regarding LEGO Brand Retail involvement with Brickworld this year. Well - here you have it. Now, you know what we know. Brand Retail is once again a major contirbutor (...) (15 years ago, 12-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  10196 Grand Carousel

Not really my announcement - I can't believe that someone hasn't posted anything here on LUGNET about this yet (!!) ... Cheers, J.P. Manalo (Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong groups...) From: (URL) LEGO announces an impressive carousel (...) (15 years ago, 11-May-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's April 2009 Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winner of the April 2009 Part Of The Month (POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Dish 4 x 4 Inverted with TIE Hatch Pattern by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) POTM - Wheel 30.4 x 14 Hubcap Nine Spoke by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> The (...) (15 years ago, 6-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  MLCAD ColorManager 2.0

(URL) I have greatly improved the features and functionality of ColorManager, and I now think it is suitable for use by everyone who uses MLCAD. Color Manager has two main features: 1) After choosing a color from the list, ColorManager can filter (...) (15 years ago, 6-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  MLCad.ini 2009-01 Update Now Available

Hi folks, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2009-01. The .ini file defines (among other thigns) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: (URL) w. (15 years ago, 4-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Peeron_to_MLCad

Hi All I have developed a program called Peeron_to_MLCad. It's useful to simplify the initial phase of implementation of existing Lego sets. With Peeron_to_MLCad is possible to reduce drastically the time needed to select the parts and find the (...) (15 years ago, 4-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  LDraw.org 2009-01 Parts Update Now Available

The 2009-01 LDraw parts update has been now been released. This update includes 671 files in the core library, including 307 new parts, and many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A total of 19 parts have been (...) (15 years ago, 2-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !!

  Heavy Haul Trailer and Winch Truck

Hello everyone, It has been a while since I posted a 'story' on Lugnet, however.... Here is the latest completed project. (URL) 16 wheel detachable goose neck low boy with a 16 wheel jeep and a fully functional winch truck. It is designed to haul (...) (15 years ago, 30-Apr-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld - Thursday Workshops

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is in full swing preparing for the event. We are thrilled to have 5 leaders lined up to head workshops on Thursday. The Thursday workshops are each 3 hours in length. There is a limit to (...) (15 years ago, 26-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  ILTCO Layout at the National Train Show, Hartford, CT

Help wanted from LEGO clubs and individual enthusiasts for the ILTCO multi-club LEGO train layout at the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) National Train Show from 10-12 July in Hartford, CT! For the fifth year, LEGO enthusiasts everywhere (...) (15 years ago, 24-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Brickworld - Mindstorms Competitions

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is proud to announce the following Mindstorms competitions for this year’s event: Stock Sumo – Are you a Mindstorms expert? It doesn't matter for this competition. Come and see if you can (...) (15 years ago, 24-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Swedish church unveils Lego Jesus statue for Easter

Life size at 5.8 feet (1.78 meters) tall 30,000 bricks (URL) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact