 Announcements / 3993
3992  |  3994
Subject:
LUGNET outage on July 4th/5th, 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 05:41:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Dear all,

as you will have noticed, we have encountered a major outage yesterday, July
5th, 2009, after some irregularities on the day before.

Cause of this outage were some faulty server components that caused the main
LUGNET server to repeatedly freeze for no apparent reason. Unfortunately the
repairs took longer than expected, mainly because a replacement motherboard was
not immediately available.

Last night (CET), the machine has finally returned to operational state and is
running smoothly since then, so we expect no new downtimes. Since we are working
with a hardware RAID system, no data have been lost in the crashes. Any possible
delays in email and news delivery should sort out within the next 24 hours.

I personally apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Jerry