 Announcements / 3967
3966  |  3968
Subject:
Brickhelper 1.0 - a LXF file utility app.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 17:14:15 GMT

I've completed v1.0 of this LXF file utility program I've been
working on, aka 'BrickHelper'. With this program you can load a creation made in
Lego Digital Designer, get an inventory of it's parts, and export a
Bricklink-compliant XML file that you can then upload directly into your
Bricklink.com wanted list via their wanted list upload interface.  It also
supports exporting to regular old comma-delimited text files.

Previously I posted an older beta version in lugnet.cad.ldd, so for
anyone who downloaded that, here's a list of improvements since that version:

* Improved support for minifigures
* Fixed some parts list bugs with the previous release (i.e. using solid-stud
1x1 round bricks instead of hollow stud 1x1 bricks as it should, for example)
* Added total parts and lots to the status bar at the bottom of the window
* Added name of the currently opened file to the titlebar
* LXFML Files with XML and TXT extensions can now be opened

Here's a link where you can download it:

http://www.blarworld.net/software.html

There's a Win32 and a cross-platform distribution.  The cross-platform
distribution should work on any operating system (i.e. Windows/Mac/Linux) as
long as you have v1.6 of the Java runtime installed...