 Announcements / 3986
3985  |  3987
Subject:
Brickworld - WGN Broadcast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:47:03 GMT

Share - Learn - Explore - Discover

Thank you again for registering to attend Brickworld this year! We are looking forward to a dymanic event this weekend. To kick things off, we just received final confirmation that WGN-TV will be visiting Brickworld for their “Around Town” segment on Friday, June 19.

For those who aren’t from Chicago, WGN is a well watched channel with a 3 hour morning news show. Typically, the “Around Town” segment consists of multiple small segments throughout the news cast.

The WGN truck will arrive at 6 a.m. and begin taping shortly thereafter. All are encouraged to visit the ballrooms and their MOC’s during the taping - you (and your MOC) just might be featured as a Brickworld attendee and invited to speak about why you are attending the event! So, get that 5:30 AM wakeup call set up. This is an opportunity for that “15 seconds of fame” we all hope for in life.

It doesn’t matter if you are still working on the final details of your setup or if you are just there to show off a little. We hope you will take this opportunity to be proud of your creations and the event you help make.

It will be an early morning but a great way to show Chicagoland just what Brickworld is all about! We look forward to seeing you this week!

For any questions related to WGN and media, please contact Brittny Tucker using the cotact us link on the Brickworld website.

We will see you all in a few days.

Best Regards, Brittny and the Brickworld Team

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago when we light up the night with World of Lights!!!

Regards, the Brickworld Team

Brickworld will be held June 18 - 21, 2009 at the Westin North Shore Hotel in Wheeling, IL (a suburb of Chicago).

visit the Brickworld Web Site by clicking here