 Announcements / 4006 (-100)
  Walking Robot Competition at BrickCon 09

There will be a walking robot competition at BrickCon 09 this year. We'll be following the rules for "regular" robots found at (URL) with a couple of minor adjustments for LEGO robots: - All robots must be completely built of unmodified, non-glued, (...) (15 years ago, 11-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  AFOL Interview

I'm posting this on behalf of one of the members in my LUG. You can send her your responses directly if you like; her email is her firstname.lastname@gmail.com . Or, you can send them to me, and I'll pass the word along. Thanks, Jordan Schwarz -- (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  Deadline for BrickCon 2009 Registration Fast Approaching

BrickCon 2009 Preregistration ends on Tuesday, September 15. If you haven't registered yet you should. (URL) can still register online after September 15 (or at the door) but you will not get a personalized brick badge (instead you get the boring (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  *** LDView Version 4.1 Beta 1 Released ***

LDView 4.1 Beta 1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) This is a Beta release, which means that I’m hoping to get as much feedback as possible. This also means that it is likely not as stable as a final release, (...) (15 years ago, 5-Sep-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LDraw.org's September 2009 Part of the Month voting is now open

The voting for the September 2009 contests is now open. Visit the (URL) page> to cast your vote. Sorry, no MOTM or SOTM this month. So far we have only three entries for every contest. Willy Tschager LDraw.org Administration Team (15 years ago, 3-Sep-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  It's here, RAILBRICKS 6

(URL) The latest issue of RAILBRICKS is out! RAILBRICKS 6 The Double Issue We silently released issue 6 on Friday August 7th. This 100 page issue was a long time coming, but features an interview with UK builder Carl Greatrix, more Steam tips & (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Moonbase

Hi. It's been awhile. From what I've seen, Moonbase is more or less dead, and more or less dead at Lego conventions. I suspect that like a lot of building trends, it may have just run its course...which is fine. But I've always felt bad about (...) (15 years ago, 8-Aug-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  calling all MOCs for BrickCon October 1-4, 2009

Everyone is invited to attend BrickCon this year in Seattle (October 1-4). Last year was bigger than ever and this year promises to be even better. Last year's Town and Train layout was fantastic and I know we can make this one even better. It (...) (15 years ago, 7-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce) !

  Hispabrick Magazine 005

Hispabrick Magazine 005 is now available in English and in Spanish. This issue is dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the LEGO Star Wars line and features several articles about SW related issues (MOCs, a competition to win a chrome Darth Vader, (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.es) !!

  New LDConfig.ldr color file

Hi folks, working on and off for almost a year with Scott Wardlaw, Alex Taylor and with the help from Joshua Delahunty we put together a new LDConfig file which hopefully fills in where the old version failed: (URL) file has the following (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Bricksmith 2.2: Your Favorite(s)

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 2.2> adds the following features: Part favorites Supports MacBook trackpad gestures Middle mouse button activates spin mode Pen tablet eraser deletes parts Colors sort by hue It also fixes the following bugs: Center-click/smooth (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.7

I have just uploaded a new version of DATHeader (2.0.7) NEW: 1) Identical vertices on quads made into triangle. Maybe by this the BFC is broken. Should only be made if visual ok. 2) Detailed Scan for double lines. 3) Detailed Scan for non planar (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LUGNET outage on July 4th/5th, 2009

Dear all, as you will have noticed, we have encountered a major outage yesterday, July 5th, 2009, after some irregularities on the day before. Cause of this outage were some faulty server components that caused the main LUGNET server to repeatedly (...) (15 years ago, 6-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce) !

  RTN goes to Brickworld

(URL) RTN goes to Brickworld 2009> (URL) Stories and photos from my trip to Brickworld with my MOCs! again that's here (URL) enjoy kurt (15 years ago, 2-Jul-09, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  (re)Introducing 62 Bricks

Hello all, 62 Bricks is a new site that has recently been re-tooled to be a fun way for builders to share their creations with other fans and builders. Upload pictures of your models and let visitors rate them on a simple scale from 1-20. New and (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.6

I have just uploaded the new release of DATHeader. New in Version 2.0.6 1) Direct download by specifying the partnumber. 2) Check keywords against part description and filename. ((URL) 3) Check keywords for length (max 80 characters). ((URL) 4) If (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce) !

  Can somebody made tests on LINUX and/or MAC machines?

I am searching some guys that have a linux machine and/or mac machine where they are able to install also the mono-runtime enviroment. I have run into some problems with the current development of DATHeader and I really need help for that. Any (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  CARLSBAD: Legoland hires nine star builders

(URL) Legoland hires nine star builders Five declared "masters," while four gain associate positions at the amusement park BY BARBARA HENRY - bhenry@nctimes.com | Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:51 PM PDT CARLSBAD ---- A Carlsbad teenager who vowed that (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california) !

  Call for Presentations/Sessions at BrickCon 2009

BrickCon 2009 is looking for any talks, roundtables, and special activities you would like to see at the Con this year. Going to and putting on sessions are one of the things that makes a Lego convention fun. Past talks have included manufacturing (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Brickworld - WGN Broadcast

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover Thank you again for registering to attend Brickworld this year! We are looking forward to a dymanic event this weekend. To kick things off, we just received final confirmation that WGN-TV will be visiting (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickworld - Exhibit Setup Information/Logistics

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover With only a couple days to go until the big event, please take note of the following information for setup and takedown: Location: The Westin Chicago North Shore 601 N. Milwaukee Avenue Wheeling, Illinois (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

As part of the National Train Show on July 10-12, 2009 in Hartford, CT, Jamie Berard, set designer of the newly released 'Emerald Night' and employee of The LEGO Group (TLG), will participate as part of the show. Jamie will be giving a talk on both (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  STX Europe ship built by LEGO Bricks competition (winners)

STX EUROPE Competition posted on LUGNET last year. (URL) STXEUROPE-Blockdoker> Here is the winners of the competition. Plus the Jury picks of other designs by other people. Winner of the (URL) Oasis Category> design Thilo Schön. Winner of the (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  LEGO® set 10197 - Fire Brigade

Start saving! LEGO® set 10197 – Fire Brigade Ages 16+. 2,231 pieces. Year: 2009 US $ 149.99; CA $ 199.99, UK £ 97.85, DE € 149.99 Build an authentic vintage fire station! Ding ding ding! There’s a fire in town! The fire brigade drives to the scene (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  127,000 bricks in 110 seconds!

We set up our 127,000 brick US flag at the Richard M Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda, California yesterday. The Orange County Register made this 110 second time lapse and audio/video posted at (URL). You will have wait past 10 (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Please note: Change in LUGNET email behavior

Hi all, recently we have again had to deal with a significant surge in spam and as a result have found LUGNET blacklisted on Spamcop. This is quite obviously due to the fact that spammers have increasingly used the mail2news gateway of LUGNET, (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce)

  DATHeader version 2.0.5 (The Reviewer Tool)

DATHeader is on the way not only to assist in getting a proper header for official DAT-files but also it is now a very useful tool for reviewers. You will have a listing of all tests with OK or ERROR message. Please note that not all errors that (...) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Copyright notice concerning Brickmania / Daniel Siskind's models.

It has come to my attention that numerous individual are reselling my kits and instructions without my consent on eBay, Bricklink, etc. Therefore I am posting my guidelines regarding the reproduction and redistribution of my work here.Furthermore, (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

In reference to this post (URL) the LDraw.org Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate/self- nominate individuals as candidates for the LDraw LEGO Ambassador. Please read the official announcement at (URL) first. Please post (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Ambassador Cycle 7 now open

Hello LEGO Enthusiasts, We’re happy to announce that the nomination process for LEGO Ambassador Cycle 7 is now open. The LEGO Ambassador Program is designed to give the AFOL Community a direct line into the LEGO Company. The Program is essentially a (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce) !

  Perth Model Railway Show 2009 Pics

Hi All, The Perth Adult Lego Society has wowed the crowds at the latest model railway show with a huge 14 metre bridge, a thumping concert stage, a massive cruise ship, and heaps of other details that made this year's display our best yet! Check out (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.announce) !

  New 'Combo Build' Contest at Brickworld 2009!

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is excited to announce a slight schedule change for Brickworld 2009. In place of the 'Speed Build' that was to be held on Friday night, we will be trying a new 'Combo Build' event. The (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickworld - Registration Update

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover On-line registration for Brickworld 2009 is now closed. We are thrilled to have 556 registered attendees coming to this year's event. We think you will all make this the best Brickworld event yet!!! If you (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  DATHeader version 2.0.4 for WINDOWS, LINUX and MAC

And here is the next release of DATHeader. The following happend: 1) Some more adjustments to recognize part type correctly 2) If EDIT commands used the current file will be unloaded. 3) Notify about wrong colors now without separate messages 4) (...) (15 years ago, 31-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: DATHeader version 2.0.3 for LINUX and MAC

(...) I have just found an error in DATHeader. The test for partdescription at subparts was not correct. Please download the bugfix from (URL) that side I have now also listed all tests that are performed by DATHeader and also the specification on (...) (15 years ago, 24-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

This time, it is not a software utility, but physical measuring tools... a set of do-it-yourself measuring instruments to get parts dimensions directly in LDraw units. (URL) Acrobat document to print your own rulers and scales, and building (...) (15 years ago, 24-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  DATHeader version 2.0.3 for LINUX and MAC

I am proud to announce the release of DATHeader for the use on Linux and Mac machines. Windows machines are supported anyway. New feature in this version is the reviewer mode. You do not need to save the file to get the informations that DATHeader (...) (15 years ago, 23-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Brickworld - The BIG Announcement

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is thoroughly overwhelmed right now. We have set a record attendance level and are fast approaching what seemed unattainable a few short weeks ago. There are presently 427 registered (...) (15 years ago, 22-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Brickhelper 1.0 - a LXF file utility app.

I've completed v1.0 of this LXF file utility program I've been working on, aka 'BrickHelper'. With this program you can load a creation made in Lego Digital Designer, get an inventory of it's parts, and export a Bricklink-compliant XML file that you (...) (15 years ago, 20-May-09, to lugnet.announce)

  LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

Hi folks, I have updated the LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial at: (URL) also moved it from the betatest section to its permanent location. Furthermore I added more examples to: (URL) revised the troubleshooting page: (URL) In the updated tutorial you will (...) (15 years ago, 20-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Brickworld - Collaborative Mansion

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover For Brickworld 2009, we want to build on the collaborative display that was started last year, the LEGO Mansion. This year, let us try to build on the theme of lighting (in keeping with the World of Lights (...) (15 years ago, 18-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(...) Attention everyone!! Okay - is everyone listening? We are modifying the conditions of the BOTS challenge in response to feedback received from the community. 1) You do not need team mates. You can compete as an individual or a team. 2) You do (...) (15 years ago, 18-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  DATHeader NEW as .NET application (version 2.0.1)

Version 2.0.1 of DATHeader is now available for download at www.michael-heidemann.de as my other webspace is down :-( in the moment. There are now more tests performed. For example: - check for coplanarity (based on Philo's code) - check for double (...) (15 years ago, 17-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  txt2dat 0.2.2

A new version of txt2dat is available. The only major change in this version is the addition of the -k option to specify glyph pair kerning. If you don't know what that means then you probably don't need it :) Get it here: (URL) that the Mac version (...) (15 years ago, 16-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LETGUI new version 1.3.0.0

I have just uploaded a new version of LETGUI package, that contains the new tool Edger2 (Version 1.1). Added support for changed Ytruder V1.3. BUGFIX: If your file is located in a folder with spaces you where not able to view it with the editor or (...) (15 years ago, 15-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Edger2

(URL) Lee Gaiteri's (URL) Edger> utility allows to create conditional lines between adjacent facets, and edge lines on outside (unmatched) facets. But it has a few drawbacks, such as requiring perfect match between facets (something hard to get (...) (15 years ago, 15-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: DATHeader next release as DOTNET application

(...) As it seems that nobody needs a version of DATHeader that run under W98 I will close the version that I have developed with Visual Basic 5. The new version is on the way and I hope to release it this weekend. I am testing it currently against (...) (15 years ago, 15-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld - LEGO Store Event & Discount

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover We have received a lot of communication regarding LEGO Brand Retail involvement with Brickworld this year. Well - here you have it. Now, you know what we know. Brand Retail is once again a major contirbutor (...) (15 years ago, 12-May-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  10196 Grand Carousel

Not really my announcement - I can't believe that someone hasn't posted anything here on LUGNET about this yet (!!) ... Cheers, J.P. Manalo (Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong groups...) From: (URL) LEGO announces an impressive carousel (...) (15 years ago, 11-May-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's April 2009 Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winner of the April 2009 Part Of The Month (POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Dish 4 x 4 Inverted with TIE Hatch Pattern by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) POTM - Wheel 30.4 x 14 Hubcap Nine Spoke by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> The (...) (15 years ago, 6-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  MLCAD ColorManager 2.0

(URL) I have greatly improved the features and functionality of ColorManager, and I now think it is suitable for use by everyone who uses MLCAD. Color Manager has two main features: 1) After choosing a color from the list, ColorManager can filter (...) (15 years ago, 6-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  MLCad.ini 2009-01 Update Now Available

Hi folks, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2009-01. The .ini file defines (among other thigns) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: (URL) w. (15 years ago, 4-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Peeron_to_MLCad

Hi All I have developed a program called Peeron_to_MLCad. It's useful to simplify the initial phase of implementation of existing Lego sets. With Peeron_to_MLCad is possible to reduce drastically the time needed to select the parts and find the (...) (15 years ago, 4-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  LDraw.org 2009-01 Parts Update Now Available

The 2009-01 LDraw parts update has been now been released. This update includes 671 files in the core library, including 307 new parts, and many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A total of 19 parts have been (...) (15 years ago, 2-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !!

  Heavy Haul Trailer and Winch Truck

Hello everyone, It has been a while since I posted a 'story' on Lugnet, however.... Here is the latest completed project. (URL) 16 wheel detachable goose neck low boy with a 16 wheel jeep and a fully functional winch truck. It is designed to haul (...) (15 years ago, 30-Apr-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld - Thursday Workshops

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is in full swing preparing for the event. We are thrilled to have 5 leaders lined up to head workshops on Thursday. The Thursday workshops are each 3 hours in length. There is a limit to (...) (15 years ago, 26-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  ILTCO Layout at the National Train Show, Hartford, CT

Help wanted from LEGO clubs and individual enthusiasts for the ILTCO multi-club LEGO train layout at the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) National Train Show from 10-12 July in Hartford, CT! For the fifth year, LEGO enthusiasts everywhere (...) (15 years ago, 24-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Brickworld - Mindstorms Competitions

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is proud to announce the following Mindstorms competitions for this year’s event: Stock Sumo – Are you a Mindstorms expert? It doesn't matter for this competition. Come and see if you can (...) (15 years ago, 24-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Swedish church unveils Lego Jesus statue for Easter

Life size at 5.8 feet (1.78 meters) tall 30,000 bricks (URL) (15 years ago, 13-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general)

  YAMATO Battleship: Built out of LEGO

Project: YAMATO It is finish, over six years in the making. Wow! Japanese Yamato battleship built by Jumpei Mitsui using LEGO elements. His website (Japanese) link of the Yamato. (URL) Yamato> Video of the YAMATO. Please note the video is 4:48 long. (...) (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !!

  Problem With BrickShelf

There is some kind of problem occurring with Brickshelf. The first photos are showing okay, but after clicking on the folders they showing as empty. I have tried a number of ways and I am getting the same error. Anyone have any ideas or information (...) (15 years ago, 8-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce)

  Olympus Defence Mecha

New Mech, by me. Go checkout the detail at Flickr. (URL) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  1000steine-Land 2009

Nach einem Jahr Pause ist es wieder soweit Das 1000steine-Land (TSL, vom 12.-14. Juni in Berlin) ist eine Veranstaltung von LEGO Fans für LEGO Fans, organisiert und durchgeführt von erwachsenen LEGO Fans (AFOLs = Adult Fans of LEGO). Das TSL ist (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.de)

  Brickworld - World of Lights Display

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover This year Brickworld will host a new collaboration. The idea was unveiled during the closing ceremony at Brickwrold 2008. The idea is simple. Illuminate your display/MOC. Use your imaginations. Use LEGO (...) (15 years ago, 5-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  BrickCon Registration Open!

Although I announced at BrickFest that BrickCon Registration is open, I missed letting the rest of the world know. If you have been waiting, your wait is over! BrickCon Registration is open! Visit us here: (URL) Theme for this year's BrickCon is (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  BrickCon Registration Open!

Although I announced at BrickFest that BrickCon Registration is open, I missed letting the rest of the world know. If you have been waiting, your wait is over! BrickCon Registration is open! Visit us here: (URL) Theme for this year's BrickCon is (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Custom Brick Community Building Contest... starts today!

First Annual Custom Brick Community Building Contest: Hosted by Brickmania.com and co-sponsored by BrickArms and BrickForge Hello everyone! At the urging of friends and supporters I am calling for a community wide building contest aimed at (...) (15 years ago, 2-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's March 2009 Model and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the March 2009 Model/Part Of The Month (MOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Brabham BT46B the fan car by Luca Rusconi (aka RoscoPC)> (URL) POTM - Best Part, Minifig Accessory Satchel by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 2-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Brickworld Event Schedule Outline

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team excited to announce the preliminary event schedule outline has been posted on the Brickworld web site at: (URL) You will notice that 3 of the 4 classes are set. As soon as the 4th class is (...) (15 years ago, 2-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  HispaBrick Magazine 004

We are proud to present the latest issue of HispaBrick Magazine, a fanzine written mainly by the members of HispaLUG, which is now available in Spanish and English from the magazines website: (URL) have seen a considerable number of downloads of the (...) (15 years ago, 1-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.es) !

  LEGO remodel job while away at BrickFest

When Thomas Michon returned from BrickFest on Monday morning, he found that his room at Olin College had been remodeled with a new door by classmates using 9000 LEGO bricks. (URL) -Ted Michon (15 years ago, 31-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Video about Emerald Night Train

Together with the information below, here's a video about the new Emerald Night Train #10194 (2 URLs) all, As a follow up to the LEGO 9V Train Communication lll, there is one change we would like to inform you about concerning the LEGO Transformer. (...) (15 years ago, 28-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !

  Things to Remember for BrickFest 2009

Just remember a few things you may want to bring to BrickFest: The draft set (8632: Swamp Raid) if you want to draft. The Build-in-the-Bag set (8119: Thunder Racer) if you want to participate in the Build-in-the-Bag. (Make sure to get one that's (...) (15 years ago, 25-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community)

  Mechahub Civilian Mecha Contest

(URL) Pilots and service crews, gather around! We at Mechahub are pleased to announce an exciting new contest. The theme for this contest is Civilian Mecha. The only real restrictions are that the mecha possess no weaponry (i.e. not for military (...) (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  NXT based 3D scanner

(URL) As a LDraw parts author, I am always interested to find new ways to model LEGO parts. Many parts have a clear geometric structure and are relatively easy to create, but parts like minifig animals or wigs have no defined geometric shape and are (...) (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?)

(...) Here is a further picture, showing 64 flexible track pieces in set 8867. The gaps between the two halves of each track piece are smaller than in the previous picture, and there are fewer studs for attaching ballast: (URL) To ballast it means (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Virtual Lego Room Tour at BrickFest 2009

BrickFest 2009 will see the first Virtual Lego Room Tour. When LUGs have a meeting at a member's house, the one thing that everyone always wants to see is the owner's build area. A Lego Room, a Lego Garage, a Lego corner-of-one-table-...-rec-room. . (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.storage) !

  Build in the Bag at BrickFest 2009

This year at BrickFest Jon Rasmussen will be running the popular Build in the Bag competition. The way it works: you bring a copy of set 8119: Thunder Racer (URL) the event, still in it's sealed polybag. Jon will have ten copies at the Fest if you (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community)

  Draft at BrickFest 2009

There will be a draft at BrickFest this year! The draft set is 8632: Swamp Raid (URL) draft is a fun activity that turns sets into the parts you want. If you are unfamiliar with drafting, Dan Sabath gave a good description here: (URL) 2009 will be (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community)

  Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team has arranged to create and execute a Build On-The-Spot (BOTS) challenge at this year's event. This challenge will be completed in addition to the regular Mindstorms displays and events. As (...) (15 years ago, 12-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Fana'Briques 2009, 27th and 28th June

It's time for the 4th edition! Fana'briques, that's LEGO in all its forms, meeting fans like you, sharing experiences, shopping parts and sets, enjoying your time, snacking and more! This event takes place in Rosheim, Alsace, East of France, the (...) (15 years ago, 11-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.nl, FTX)

  Michiana-LUG Super Weekend / Meeting + Show March 14-15, 2009

To all, We have a very special weekend planned, with a big meeting at Chad's house on Saturday March 14, and our annual display at the SJVRR Swap Meet coming up on Sunday, March 15! At the meeting, we'll be discussing future shows for the club, as (...) (15 years ago, 11-Mar-09, to lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld and Westin Strengthen Ties

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is very excited to be strengthening our ties to the Westin North Shore Hotel. The staff of the Westin has been invaluable to making Brickworld the success that it is by providing a (...) (15 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Detailed Additional Information on Emerald Night With Photos

The below information was forwarded from the LEGO Train Club Sites. The orginal text was translated using Google: (URL) Thanks for a heads up on that review Dan! -Matthew On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Danny <316danny@gmail. com> wrote: The set has (...) (15 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce)

  2009/2010 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Result

Hi folks, only five people have accept their nomination for the election of the 2009/2010 LDraw.org Steering Committee[1] in response to this message: (URL) election itself has therefore become obsolete. Congratulations to the new 2009/2010 members (...) (15 years ago, 1-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's February 2009 Part of the Month Winner

Congratulations to the winner of the February 2009 Part Of The Month (POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Technic Excavator Bucket 14 x 8 with 7 Teeth by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) POTM - Most Desired Part, Technic Excavator Bucket 14 x 8 (...) (15 years ago, 1-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  PRESS RELEASE - After 30 years…it's time to return.

March 2009 sees the 30th anniversary of the original Classic Space sets from LEGO. Now, three decades on, it’s time for a celebration of spacey goodness at (URL) www.neoclassicspace.com>. (URL) Neo-Classic Space is a reimagining of the LEGO Classic (...) (15 years ago, 28-Feb-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Brickworld - Esther Walner Memorial

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team is sad to report the passing of Esther Walner. Esther served as Brickworld's newbie and FFOL coordinator. We send our deepest condolences to Esther's family. Esther's smile and enthusiasm (...) (15 years ago, 24-Feb-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  2009/2010 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Nominations closing in 1 week

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) for the 2009/2010 LDraw.org Steering Committee election will close in a week, at 11:59 PM GMT on 28 February 2009 and elections will start the 1st of March. Only those candidates that have been nominated, seconded, (...) (15 years ago, 21-Feb-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  10194 Emerald Night Announcement

As per my Ambassadorial duties (and because I'm really excited about this set): ---...--- February 18, 2009 – In acknowledgement of the many fan blogs and posts in the last week we are writing to confirm that The LEGO Company will be launching the (...) (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !!

  LEGO(R) Universe Won't Arrive This Year

LEGO(R) Universe Won't Arrive This Year (2009) By Brian Crecente- Feb. 17, 2009 Online multiplayer game LEGO(R) Universe won't be coming out this year as planned, the LEGO Group told Kotaku this morning. "Within the company we have made a strategic (...) (15 years ago, 17-Feb-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  New Tool GapFinder

I just have finished a new tool called GapFinder. ((URL) is designed to find gaps between triangle and/or quad. The results might be useful to correct a file. But please use the results with care, as human eyes are not exact like this tool ;-). Also (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  New version of DATHeader out now

(...) Ok. DATHeader Version 1.2.2 is now available. I moved the location for DATHeader and give it a full webpage. You can now find that webpage at (URL) fun. cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 13-Feb-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  RAILBRICKS 5

(URL) The latest issue of RAILBRICKS is out! RAILBRICKS 5 The Steam Issue This Steam Issue focuses on all things Steam with tips & tricks on building steam trains as well as ideas on incorporating Power Functions into you creations. There are also (...) (15 years ago, 13-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  New Version of DATHeader will come soon.

New in Version 1.2.x At loading of a part DATHeader counts now the colors and listed the result on the right side, so you can see which colors are used in your file. If you know it should have only color 16 and 24 you can mark the file as Uncolored (...) (15 years ago, 12-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  *** LDView Version 4.0.1 Released ***

LDView 4.0.1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) This fix is a bug-fix release that fixes a couple minor bugs and one not-so-minor bug. See the full change history (URL) here> for full details. Please note that (...) (15 years ago, 11-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Update iPaB on BrickBuildr

(URL) Now anyone can update the iPaB database with a few simple clicks! From the "(URL) View iPaB Walls>" page, select a store, then select a container or bubble. From there you'll be able to select a part to go into that container (don't forget to (...) (15 years ago, 6-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  New tutorial: How to scale down a Formula 1 race by Luca Rusconi

Hi folks, I've just added a new tutorial written by Luca Rusconi to the site: (URL) teaches you how to scale down a Formula 1 race car using official information about the chassis dimensions, the shape and geometry of the suspensions, the engine (...) (15 years ago, 6-Feb-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Life-size pulse gun & wrist rocket launcher

These creations are my first entries in my miscellaneous folder. (URL) (15 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact