 Announcements / 2838
  Radial Engine

More than one year ago, I discover at LegoWorld 2003 the radial engine by Marc Schickelé (among other interesting Technic stuffs). (URL) we like to share, I've said him I will make the building instruction for his engine....it took a bit more time (...) (19 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) That design eats my design with a chipper! I tried to make a radial engine with a single row of cylinders and had to butcher 6 cylinders, two wheel rims, and one "lever" piece! Their design for the master cylinder would eliminate the butchered (...) (19 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) Here is my V8 with 5 bearings. It has standard small block chev firing order, and uses the FOS system to simulate spark plugs/injectors. The only downside is that using the Technic mounts means it doesn't have the correct 90 degree angle (...) (19 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) i've seen the FOS system used before that way ;) (URL) The mpeg is not working the last time I looked. I can email it to anyone interested. Back to the radial engine, the design for the crankshaft is very nicely done. Any plans to put it in a (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) Good design Ross! I was actually talking about the crankshaft; not the firing order. To clarify more, I meant that if someone can make a crankshaft that goes 4 directions and also fits into TLC's modern cylinder-piston design (while also not (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) It's hard to see in those pics, but the crankshaft DOES go in 4 directions to get the correct firing order, big ends 1&4 are 180 degrees apart, and 2&3 are also 180 degrees from each other and 90 degrees from 1&4 (see below). The extra stud (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) UH OH! I forgot to specify the length. Oh well, Rosco wins. Any butchered legos I have will stay where they are, but NO MORE BUTCHERING LEGOS! (future tense) I'll post some pictures of the 3 butchered crankshafts I have as soon as I can. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) Honda has a race bike called the RC211V 220hp and it weights 319pounds (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

Hey all, (second attempt to post due to virus eating bandwidth) Here is an idea i've been playing with for a while during my first super car developement. (URL) It has four possitions on the crank and the engine block can be 8 studs in length. (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) I don't think it should be a major problem either, because the angle of the cylinder blocks on those mounts is wrong for a V8 anyway ;) (...) That could be a problem in shorter vehicles, but not insurmountable, I think. (...) Looks great - (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Lego Engines

(...) Here is the evolution ! (...) It only took a week or so but i got it to work !!! Unfortunately the mount itself is four studs long on each end, but that shouldn't matter putting it in this: (URL) To keep Crowkillers happy, it's studless ! To (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) to finish it. (URL) Geissmann (19 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) So far it looks like the only way to make a Lego radial engine is to make 2 rows (or loops) of cylinders. Has anyone ever been able to do it with just one row? (6 cylinders) Nathan Bell (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)

(...) Naturally it is also possible with only 6 cylinders. I removed one row. (URL) Geissmann (19 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic)