 Announcements / 1570
1569  |  1571
Subject:
Brickset.com receives overhaul
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:35:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Following numerous complaints about response times, I have rewritten
brickset.com from scratch using ASP.NET. Initial tests suggest that it is up
to 200% quicker serving search results.

For now, it looks and behaves much like the old site, but over the next few
months I hope to find the time to enhance it further.

If you link to specific searches or sets, they should continue to work,
although I recommend changing them if possible.

Links to www.brickset.com/search.asp and www.brickset.com/view.asp should be
replaced with links to www.brickset.com/search.aspx. Most of the query
parameters will contine to work as before.

Huw
Webmaster www.brickset.com