 Publishing / 3336
Re: Brickset.com receives overhaul
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:04:25 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Huw Millington writes:
Huw! That's great! I post reviews on brickset.com at least once a week, • and
I happy to see that response times have speeded up to a decent rate.

I'm glad at least you are noticing an improvement! And, thanks for your
reviews, keep then coming.

Just a question here. What sort of additional features might you add to
brickshel.com in the distant future? I'm interested in seeing a public • forum
where people could discuss outside of Lugnet,

I had a play with an ASP.NET chatroom,, but it really didn't work too well.
Personally, I don't think there is a need for a forum outside of lugnet,
although I would like to provide a way for brickset visitors to interact,
either real-time or otherwise.

or maybe a separate rating
system where you can post full reviews of sets submitted my members?

Something needs to be done in the reviews department, for sure. I have
noticed a lot of juvenile Bionicle reviews recently, perhaps some form of
membership system would solve that, although I don't want to alieniate those
who just cruise by evet blue moon.

Huw

Yeah.  I mean, look at this!
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=8533-1
Look at 'drtnysey's' review.  This does not belong here!   And somebody else
on the same page seems to think that this is a message board or something.
Something needs to be done.

John Kruer