 Publishing / 3339
Re: Brickset.com receives overhaul
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 02:25:12 GMT

In lugnet.publish, William R. Ward writes:
"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> writes:
Following numerous complaints about response times, I have rewritten
brickset.com from scratch using ASP.NET. Initial tests suggest that it is
up to 200% quicker serving search results.

It takes a couple of minutes just to view the home page, even with the
rewrite.  Why are you using ASP at all?  Why not use Perl, PHP, JSP,
or just about *anything* but ASP?

--Bill.

I normally use Netscape, and it took minutes for the home page to come up,
but when I fired up Internet Explorer, it came up fairly quickly.
As much as I hate Microsoft for railroading Netscape, there seems to be no
way to avoid using Explorer now. C'est la vie.

Tim Strutt   8^)