 Announcements / 1087
    Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
   Once again the NGLTC presented a display outside of the Georgia LEGO Outlet store. It was a perfect day for an outside show, and a great day for a crowd at the outlet mall. The layout was pretty much packed all day long with visitors, and wide eyed (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general) !

        Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Neal
      (...) Congratulations, JT. Say, did you have any pre-show advertising? Also, does the Outlet store really, er, track train sales when you guys show? -John (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
     There wasn't any real pre-show advertising other than a little sign in the store, but the Outlet mall itself had been promoting the day as a Memorial day sidewalk sale for all the stores, we were basically the LEGO Outlet's contribution to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Neal
      (...) Okay, so it appears that most of the enthralled weren't even expecting to even see a LEGO train layout; it was just their lucky day! (NOBODY expects a LEGO train exposition... our weapons are bricks and surprise...;-) [1] (...) That's very (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —Kevin Maynes
     Nice work! I like the Sawnee loco, nifty job on the dynamic brake pod; it somehow looks 'right' for a depiction of an EMD machine at that size. Definitely something for the files. I'm also very much impressed with the pilot on UP#3148, you just know (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
       Kevin, The Union Pacific and the black steamer were both John Warren's models, they are very nice work indeed. I believe the drivers are Playmobile, John might be able to "enlighten" you more on how they were integrated with the LEGO. jt (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Warren
     (...) That UP#3148 is my MOC. Thanks for the compliment. I'm shocked you can actually read the unit number from that photo. Yep, she's built for business. I wanted the front end to look mean and strong. If any minifig gets on the tracks in front of (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
      (...) theabove, actually) from anywhere. (...) a (...) In fact I love the results. I think your layout could be described as "class instead of mass" (even in the width of the rolling stock. ;-) And I recogniced you have been able to improve the (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
      In lugnet.trains, John Warren writes: <snip> (...) A comeback? Where they coming back from? Well when you guys can build some steamers that can make it around the track with out hanging up on the switch tracks and cross points, then well talk about (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Warren
      (...) Now hold on, James. You didn't even give me a chance to show you how my Steamers run around the track because I showed up late that day. BOTH of my locomotives can go through any point or switch as good or better than the standard lego train (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —Stacy Bledsoe
      (...) Know hold on James, it seems to he that my steamer works through points and cross-tracks just fine. Are you just afraid of being the only one in the club without a steamer of his own. :^) Stacy B. (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Warren
      ---SNIP--- (...) I think James is starting to feel a little left out. :^) Hey, Stacy, are you the guy in our club from S.C. that made that awesome bigboy and south african steamer? If you are I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
       Man, you guys are just looking for a fight aren't ya? Well y'all can keep on building your little turn of the century steamers, they make nice eye candy for the train show visitors, and the little old men in the NMRA like them. And I'll keep (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —Stacy Bledsoe
      Hey John, Yes, I am the one that has the Big Boy and The Garrett, But I am from Cartersville, Georgia not S.C. Hopefully I will see you at the meeting at the end of the month. Yes, I am currently working on a Southern Pacific, 4-8-8-2 Cab-Forward, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Warren
      (...) Sounds great! I look forward to seeing it. I kinda admit I'm a little disapointed. I was hoping that I would be the first one to attempt the cab forward design. :^) I love that train. It's on my list of engines to build. Thats fine, though, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —Kevin Maynes
     (...) <note much rampant snipping> I do like what you've got there, rather quite. What are your thoughts on the cost-effectiveness of re-engineering Playmobil running gear? Is it really worth it to buy and strip a whole loco? (or do Playmobil supply (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —Melody Brown
     Hey, snazzy site!, but where did you get the two Giant Minifigs? They are way cool! Gotta get me one! Mel P.S if someone could tell where and how much they cost, I'd appreciate that! Thanks! :) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
     (...) Hey Mel, glad you liked the site. As far as the "Maxi-figs", they're not really sold anywhere. They're used as displays in the LEGO retail stores. I did see one on eBay a while back, it sold for just at $300 I believe. jt (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) Thanks JT, for sharing these great pics with us. I liked the quality of all your nicely detailed models. My favourites have been all the Union Pacific engines and waggons. Especially in this picture: (URL) Godt! Ben (FGLTC) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Mathis
      (...) I'm a bit confused as to what element is used for the front windscreen and the headlamp bit on the yellow arches. Beautiful shape! later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
       (...) James, the front window and the round tile were both modified with decals. We gave John Warren a bit of ribbing about the stickers, but couldn't argue with the results. jt (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

           Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Mathis
       (...) <snip some comments> (...) the (...) Ah, stickers always seem to throw me. After I posted, I took a closer look at the windshield and thought maybe if was a stickered 2x6x2 trans-clear windscreen. It's very well done; the headlamp, as well. (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Warren
      (...) Thanks for the compliment, James. It means a lot. I have been commenting on your MOC's for two years so it's about time I can show you some of mine!! I know I don't have a prayer to top your European train designs so I had to one up your (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —John Warren
     (...) know I must have done good if I could get good responses out of you and James Mathis. :^) It took a long time but I finally got that F-unit looking recognizable and to my liking. I only wish the photo of my vista dome car was from a complete (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Mathis
     (...) I'll be looking forward to seeing them. I should state clearly that the NGLTC display looked very fine. Good show! Always wish I could see these in-person, and appreciate the MOC's in-hand. I really appreciate all the time and effort that the (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Mathis
   Very nice show, jt! Thanks for posting the pictures. Any chance of a close-up on the elevated train (monorail?)? Thanks. later, James Mathis (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store —James Trobaugh
    James, The elevated train isn't a monorail, it's just a raised rail commuter train. It's meant to simulate the "public transportation" system here in Atlanta (MARTA - It only having two stops is kind of an inside joke for the locals since our light (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains)