 Adventurers / 956
Re: Hitler minifig (Adventurers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:41:16 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Richard Franks writes:
I'd be more concerned about that to be honest. Nazi's aren't German, although
some Nazi's were German.

And more importantly, Germans, as a whole, aren't Nazis.

It's an important difference, and one I'd imagine at
least some German people would have feelings about.

As an (originally) polish Jew, who's grandparents were all afflicted by the
Holocaust, I'm slightly offended by that statement (two posts ago). Not
offended by Greg - just by the fact that he doesn't know the history behind
it. In Israel, this is a major issue (well... naturally), but it seems to me
that there is no education about it in the U.S. until high-school. This amazes
me and disappoints me greatly. Of course this is a harsh issue to explain to
children, but people who do not know history are doomed to repeat it. And
genocide is still happening around us.

OTOH, the *current* German population has nothing to do with the horrors of
the Holocaust!! Blaming them for the actions taken by their parents or
grandparents is certainly not just, fair, or founded.

-Shiri
XFUT .o-t.debate