 Adventurers / 944
Re: Hitler minifig (Adventurers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:37:47 GMT

Thank you.

In lugnet.adventurers, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, James Walker writes:
can anyone here give me some ideas??

Yeah: don't. Though *I* don't care if you do make these minifigs, please don't
publicize them on LUGNET,

Why not?

and if you do, at least flatly call them "German."

I'd be more concerned about that to be honest. Nazi's aren't German, although
some Nazi's were German. It's an important difference, and one I'd imagine at
least some German people would have feelings about.

I am German (living in Canada since I was 6) and was teased relentlessly in public
school because of my heritage.  It's a shame people cannot see the difference
between Germans and Nazis.  Additionally, my father was in the Luftwaffe -- but he
was not a Nazi.  In fact, he was a Swing Kid from Hamburg before he was drafted.
So -- I do take exception to the intimation that all Nazis were German and vice
versa.

This is a rather touchy subject that I personally don't think should be
brought up. Thanks.

As long as a subject is brought up responsibly, I don't see why it shouldn't be
explored.

Censorship is an evil thing.  WWII -- case in point.  Censorship only begets a very
damaging naivete about its associated affairs and concepts.  You'd think the human
race would have learned that by now.

And what the heck is wrong with using the Adventurers to imitate Indiana Jones any
way?  I think it's a cool idea.  Now... no melting mini figs a la the Death Angels
scene!  :-)

Xandria

Richard