 Adventurers / 954
Re: Hitler minifig (Adventurers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:49:26 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Greg Majewski writes: • <snip>
and if you do, at least flatly call them "German."

I'd be more concerned about that to be honest. Nazi's aren't German, although
some Nazi's were German. It's an important difference, and one I'd imagine at
least some German people would have feelings about.

Historically speaking the Nazi party had it's strongest support in Germany,
and so calling calling Nazis "Germans" is somewhat appropriate, if put in
historical context.  Hitler himself wasn't German, he was Austrian.  I think I
would stick the term "German Nazis" just to be safe.
-Bryan

As I understand it,the "Nazi" were a political party, and it's not safe to say
that all Germans were members of the party. I would hate for someone to call
me a Democrat (or Republican for that matter, "vote Libertarian") just because
the current U.S. President is a member of the Democratic party.

jt